amazon prime

Anyone else had bother with this company, I checked my account Sunday night and there was a message , saying Amazon prime Luxembourg £79  to come out my account Monday the 23rd ,so I rang Barclays up to put a block on Amazon, but come Monday they had taken the money out my account. so I went down Barclays branch and they told me the fraud squad was dealing with it, and to go home and wait, bearing in mind I reported the matter to Barclays Sunday night around 7 30 , anyways on my way home from the bank I gets a message on my phone saying debitcard claimref,  the money had been repaid into my account, this isn't the first time Amazon have had a go at me, so hopefully now Amazon have been blocked

I think it’s fraud masquerading as Amazon mate not actually Amazon themselves, be very careful what you tell people on the phone as it’s gone through the roof since lockdown began I,m getting 2/3 calls a week I just tell everyone that rings me to f**k off that way you can’t be fooled and if they really want a chat make an appointment ?   

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I nearly got caught out with a car tax one the other day, they're clever , but always press on the title or sender which gives you the actual email address it comes from, blatantly obvious then...

I did mate thank you, but all I got was Amazon prime Luxembourg , anyways its sorted now, thank you

If you tell everyone to f**k off you can never be accused of discrimination, works pretty well for me though the misses finds it a little bit embarrassing from time to time, but it’s her civility that leads to these people thinking you are a soft touch and sticking you on the vulnerable lists that all theses scammers/ charity,s seem to pass on to one another, ??

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If you tell everyone to f**k off you can never be accused of discrimination, works pretty well for me though the misses finds it a little bit embarrassing from time to time, but it’s her civility that leads to these people thinking you are a soft touch and sticking you on the vulnerable lists that all theses scammers/ charity,s seem to pass on to one another, ??

Trouble with me mate, I cant see the bad in ayone, plus im an owd cock , but thanks for your advice, so you can f**k off now,  ? only joking pal, thank you

I regularly get notification that my Amazon Prime account has been blocked. Strange as I don't actually have a Prime account. 

The lass next door gave me the password to her Amazon Prime and Netflix accounts, so they couldn't possibly be more wrong. ? !

Cheers.

2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

Anyone else had bother with this company, I checked my account Sunday night and there was a message , saying Amazon prime Luxembourg £79  to come out my account Monday the 23rd ,so I rang Barclays up to put a block on Amazon, but come Monday they had taken the money out my account. so I went down Barclays branch and they told me the fraud squad was dealing with it, and to go home and wait, bearing in mind I reported the matter to Barclays Sunday night around 7 30 , anyways on my way home from the bank I gets a message on my phone saying debitcard claimref,  the money had been repaid into my account, this isn't the first time Amazon have had a go at me, so hopefully now Amazon have been blocked

I lad I work with has had £1200 taken out of his account over the last 2 months, fraudsters using his amazon account. 

I belive they where Luxembourg. 

He had to go through bank and has had to change his bank account 

18 minutes ago, dogmad riley said:

I lad I work with has had £1200 taken out of his account over the last 2 months, fraudsters using his amazon account. 

I belive they where Luxembourg. 

He had to go through bank and has had to change his bank account 

yes that's what ive been recommended to do, to change my card, there is a new one in the post , sorry bout your mate,

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

IMG-20201123-WA0000.jpg.486d486eac7662fa27610d8493a62a5d.jpg

What I can't figure out with scams like this one is how when we get billed per month for phones these lot seem to get paid right away, surely the phone companies have a duty of care to their customers and why to they pass on the money to these con artists right away.

We bought an item and used Amazon prime, genuinely.   what we didn't realise was that inadvertently we had signed up to use it every month on a mandate.   After a couple of months I noticed this and cancelled it.  We lost a bit but it could have been worse, this was my fault and not a scam.