Fit dogs

23 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

This is something I've realised over the last few years, to really get the most out of a dog, to take a good dog to as far as its capable, is pretty much a full time job or obsession. The folk that, are either extremely lucky, or extremely dedicated. And quite rare.

And quite on the sausage roll ?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my little brindle bitch was pretty fit in this pic....she's also fairly easy to keep reasonably fit..  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

This is something I've realised over the last few years, to really get the most out of a dog, to take a good dog to as far as its capable, is pretty much a full time job or obsession. The folk that, are either extremely lucky, or extremely dedicated. And quite rare.

On the flip side of that is knowing when to ease up a little bit as there’s a fine line between getting the maximum out of a dog to sickening a dog .......

• Like 9
8 hours ago, socks said:

On the flip side of that is knowing when to ease up a little bit as there’s a fine line between getting the maximum out of a dog to sickening a dog .......

I said ‘get the most out of a dog’ not push it to breaking, let’s be honest how many folk on here have pushed a dog so far it’s broken? When it’s not just been a dog that’s lacking. 

You said to take it as far as it’s capable ... to me that reads as push it as far as it can go to see what it’s capable of. Which is why I mentioned about the very thin line between pushing a dog to its max and pushing it over the edge. 

1 hour ago, socks said:

You said to take it as far as it’s capable ... to me that reads as push it as far as it can go to see what it’s capable of. Which is why I mentioned about the very thin line between pushing a dog to its max and pushing it over the edge. 

True. But I think most people’s dogs are quite safe ? 

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

True. But I think most people’s dogs are quite safe ? 

And there is the huge great area.a hand full of lads post on this site.theres alot of people in the country who do and want to stay under the radar...

8 minutes ago, king said:

And there is the huge great area.a hand full of lads post on this site.theres alot of people in the country who do and want to stay under the radar...

Wasnt arguing with that mate. And there’s some lads who post on here who do a hell of a lot but just don’t talk about it too much! 

7 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I said ‘get the most out of a dog’ not push it to breaking, let’s be honest how many folk on here have pushed a dog so far it’s broken? When it’s not just been a dog that’s lacking. 

Trouble is every dog has a breaking point weither it's age ,Injury or just literally chucking the towel in it is what it is now when I had all the time in the world to get out with my dogs and I meant literally all the time in the world there wasn't a single day or night where I wasn't out I was a hungry young lad and so were the lads I knocked about with we had lurchers and terrier that we were out with when ever the chance came about but some times I'l admit that we may be had more about us then the dogs did at time I've literally ran the legs off them the poor fuckers have I learnt from that yes I sure have but sometimes we do think that they are machines I'm as guilty as the next man but now I think as long as the dogs doing the job your happy with then fair play 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Penda said:

Trouble is every dog has a breaking point weither it's age ,Injury or just literally chucking the towel in it is what it is now when I had all the time in the world to get out with my dogs and I meant literally all the time in the world there wasn't a single day or night where I wasn't out I was a hungry young lad and so were the lads I knocked about with we had lurchers and terrier that we were out with when ever the chance came about but some times I'l admit that we may be had more about us then the dogs did at time I've literally ran the legs off them the poor fuckers have I learnt from that yes I sure have but sometimes we do think that they are machines I'm as guilty as the next man but now I think as long as the dogs doing the job your happy with then fair play 

U have a night off a week now then 

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

U have a night off a week now then 

Time to time your out more then me now always sending me pics saying just off out for a mooch on my 3000 acre estate snobby f****r you are 

1 minute ago, Penda said:

Time to time your out more then me now always sending me pics saying just off out for a mooch on my 3000 acre estate snobby f****r you are 

I ain't done ote for a bit as you know but after Xmas when the gear is at its finest I shall be at full cry ,blouse flapping about and digging me heels in the winter seed