On 28/11/2020 at 08:04, Meece said:

I don't wish to put any details about this but the whole thing is a joke. You cant go there in person because the whole place is in lockdown there isn't even a reception area open to hand it in to.   They don't answer the phone, I did eventually get through to my feo and he just said " oh well, send it back and they'll alter it",  Seeing as i had to ring him and advise him that i hadn't got my renewal on the day that my extra eight week extention  under section 28,B was running out, and the new cert didn't arrive for another week after that.  If I were to send it back , I wouldn't have a cert at all a God only knows if or when I  would get another replacement.   I've e-mailed the dept about this and had an automated reply which acknowledges reciept but  states not to resend or phone up as they are busy, I  said to the feo about the seriousness of this and basically he said well who is going to come round and see you wbout this, ?  We're certainly not going to send anyone, !!!  There is no way that I'm sending my cert back in at the mo because my rifle club is shut until ??? Whenever.  We are about to go into stage 3 lockdown in Kent  next week so no one is out shooting .  It's all  just static.  Considering the financial state the country will be in I expect that plod will have to hand their one and only pushbike and sidecar in so, I don't expect a knock on the door anytime soon.  I'll leave it until after Christmas and try again then. as far as plod is concerned no one needs a firearm. Go to Tesco and buy meat.

I'd just be careful with licensing. They can say one thing then do another. I'd either transfer the non listed items to a RFD until you receive an amended cert, or ask them to issue temporary cert, in fact I'd probably transfer to an RFD until you get a temp cert.

27 minutes ago, Alsone said:

I'd just be careful with licensing. They can say one thing then do another. I'd either transfer the non listed items to a RFD until you receive an amended cert, or ask them to issue temporary cert, in fact I'd probably transfer to an RFD until you get a temp cert.

I ain't to concerned. ( none of those things are likely to be happening in the near future)  Like the foe said who's going to come out.?  They ain't  going into people's houses,  they aint going in to look at what you've got or the storage,  they aint issuing new certs at al until ???  and as far as their concerned no one of the General public has a real need for a firearm of any sort.  The whole lot is locked and sealed down and has been for months.  There isn't anyone in reception to hand anything in to and I don't  think that there are many police stations out there any more.  Recently I  went past Ashford police station and it used to be a massive station but now the building is there but there are no police in it.  All they've got is a small shed sort of place at the side which looks as if they got given it second hand off of a building site when it was being cleared and that had a bit of A4 taped on the door stating closed.!!!  I blame covid and BREXIT for it all.  Still I'll  have a crack at the foe after Christmas if he is still there.  He wasn't  working full time last communication with him. Next year perhaps.

Ps. They just sold off the Kent county HQ buildings and land in Maidstone.  As far as I  heard all of the staff either have to move to other places ?? ( I  don't know where these other place are supposed to be)  Or made redundant.

PPS  I've got an old pushbike going spare if they could have if they get the pushbike and sidecar that they have taken away from them.!

Edited by Meece