On a lighter note.

9 hours ago, TOMO said:

why ever would you think that

Just my initial impression. In the close up footage the hares seem slow and disoriented and the dogs seem to be pressing them without a great deal of effort. Perhaps it was at the end of a long course? Or maybe just because the hares have never been ran before. Or, more likely, I could be that I'm totally wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time and wont be the last. Nice looking hounds anyway.

Edited by eastcoast

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

South American coursing, they run a Galgo X Greyhound hybrid on the introduced European hare.     

No borders to passion.   Few people understand this passion. I do not get excited with technology, nor with jewelry or cars, I just get excited watching my galgos run after a hare on the pla

Y dint it just fly off stupid thing

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Just my initial impression. In the close up footage the hares seem slow and disoriented and the dogs seem to be pressing them without a great deal of effort. Perhaps it was at the end of a long course? Or maybe just because the hares have never been ran before. Or, more likely, I could be that I'm totally wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time and wont be the last. Nice looking hounds anyway.

You can find videos over here where it looks like the hare is running in quick sand. 

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Good that were sandulu that slipper looked like he were doing about 40 mph and I think the fen lads are missing a trick not having a scissor lift knocking about

Them fellas that are into the canicross racing could learn a trick from them slippers ?

3 hours ago, jigsaw said:

can they actually run at enough speed to be deemed a challenge to a dog

Evidently they can run at up to 28 mph for around a mile.

They live, mostly, above ground on the open pampas, so guess they would need speed, like a hare, to escape predators.

Cheers.

• Like 1