Stobart lakelands

Anyone give me any info on stobbart lines of lakeland.  I been told my young dog goes back to stobbart, or teabag lines . I personally don't know anything about these people. All I know of his breeding is it goes back to Keith jones stuff, witch is supposedly used lot of stobbart, teabag stuff.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morton I've known churchy since I was 11 and he always had decent dogs yes he likes showing his dogs but they see a lot of work as well if his dogs were shit the hunt would f**k him off straight away

What a load of dribble how long have u been working dogs no wonder this site has gone to the dog with people like u quoting rubbish like that ha ha ha .

Posted Images

knew neil stobbart well when i spoke to him last it was at john winches show he always had a few smart dogs about him looks wise and capable of a days graft too when i spoke to him he was doing a bit here and there but into his fly fishing too but always a nice guy to speak to and was well known by a lot of good terrrier lads at that time he will be knocking on age wise now not heard of him for few years now so dont really know much about the breeding of his dogs tea bags was a nick name of his 

Neil doesn’t keep the terriers anymore but his stuff years ago all come through Graham wards and Middleton stuff the same as churchys,mouseys and a few others.Neil is getting over COVID at the minute from what Mousey was telling as his wife and her family got it and lost her dad.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Ginger bomber said:

Anyone give me any info on stobbart lines of lakeland.  I been told my young dog goes back to stobbart, or teabag lines . I personally don't know anything about these people. All I know of his breeding is it goes back to Keith jones stuff, witch is supposedly used lot of stobbart, teabag stuff.

I owned a bitch bred his way,Vandal,id own her again,one of the last conversations I had with GM was about a Lakey he won the Welsh game fair with,he sold it to DessyM.,from Ireland on the understanding it was kept there and was never to make its way back to England,especially the north east,apparantly DessyM bought the dog for the lads in the North east and it was the mainstay of there breeding.The majority of the Lakeys from the north east where bred for the show scene and dollar,their working aptitude was of lesser interest in the majority of the kennels there,kerching.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, morton said:

I owned a bitch bred his way,Vandal,id own her again,one of the last conversations I had with GM was about a Lakey he won the Welsh game fair with,he sold it to DessyM.,from Ireland on the understanding it was kept there and was never to make its way back to England,especially the north east,apparantly DessyM bought the dog for the lads in the North east and it was the mainstay of there breeding.The majority of the Lakeys from the north east where bred for the show scene and dollar,their working aptitude was of lesser interest in the majority of the kennels there,kerching.

3 minutes ago, Turner70 said:

No its not aimed your way im on about the dog you say was sold to dessyM that won the welsh game fair of middleton and never make its way back in to england.

It was a dog,gary did not want to sell it but was offered £400,at the time a massive amount and as GM said he had better at home so took the dollar,a little poetic license by GM because he certainly had a love of the dollar.

6 minutes ago, Turner70 said:

Or i thought it was a dog middleton sold to dessyM called toby that won the welsh game fair a red dog that was crap under the ground but was a real smart looking dog u were on a bout.

Ive no idea about its work rate,the owners where possibly in the same situation because if we are to be honest they were seldom bred for their work ethic.

Back then they were bred for there work and if they looked smart then thats not the dogs fault if it did not work what it was bred to do it should not of been put to any bitchs or the best answer what should happen to it is well u should now what that is .

6 minutes ago, Turner70 said:

Back then they were bred for there work and if they looked smart then thats not the dogs fault if it did not work what it was bred to do it should not of been put to any bitchs or the best answer what should happen to it is well u should now what that is .

Back then they where seldom bred for work when ribbon winners made more dosh and the majority of lakey owners then and now,especially in the North east,the ruination of the Lakey began when the North East lads recognised their value,the welsh lads kept it a tad more honest.

• Like 1