Hunting with dog ban ? Pffft

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really don’t understand why some dog men ‘hate’ foxes etc. I’m a sheep farmer and even I don’t hate them, sure I’m not a massive fan when one is killing my lambs, but that’s the individual fox not t

If you don't have respect for the quarry you hunt your in the wrong job im coursing mad and hares have a lot of respect from me a lot of the time if the dogs had a good battle for a couple of Min I'm

Foxes are beautiful creatures espeacially on a frosty morning and I have whallo eh dispatched a few in my time. Us hunting folks respect what we hunt even more so now I have got older. I actually said

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lol, yep, in all seriousness, I think the majority of people on here have empathy, respect even, for most of the quarry they hunt.

And yep, foxes are right up there as one of my favourites.

If you don't have respect for the quarry you hunt your in the wrong job im coursing mad and hares have a lot of respect from me a lot of the time if the dogs had a good battle for a couple of Min I'm not bothered if it gets away id rather that sometimes then it's there to run another day just better cos it's had a decent dog behind 

• Like 13
6 hours ago, TOMO said:

funnily enough i got sent a vid of some lads doing some terrier work....they dug down to the terrier and you could see it trying to hump the very live fox....funny as f**k

I got sent that video as well I think one of the men is from Southampton way if it’s the same lot

9 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

Can sit how it wants it not in my house and never would be ?

I had a badger 4 hedgehogs and a sea lion at 1 time 

Always having 2 clean up after the fecking things  just got a albertros now but I know a lad that's got a monkey ? 

3 hours ago, Black neck said:

Always having 2 clean up after the fecking things  just got a albertros now but I know a lad that's got a monkey ? 

Reading that I think you've bumped into puff the magic Dragon along the way 

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

Well boys think I've got a way round the ban. Think it's mental How many I've put away with terrier running dogs and rifles then sister asks for one as a pet ..... It's tamer than a dog it will sit behind you and comb your hair time to get it lamping lol

IMG_20201114_171634.jpg

IMG_20201114_171727.jpg

Feck I bet stinks in there ?

3 hours ago, Black neck said:

Do you get wafers with albertros ? ?how much water did you av to put in the bath for the sea lion

Keeper mate of mine has had two as pets over the years, total respect for the fox as a species, even though I despatch hundreds each year, you have to admire them for their cunning and adaptive ness, 

My keeper mate shot every one they saw on the shoot, but those two came as very small cubs and lived with 14 dogs, darn thing acted just like one of them and used to greet you at the gate amongst the pack, did a double take first time I saw it happen, but they also had a couple of roe deer that lived with them for a few years until they disappeared, was like visiting a wildlife park, and that was one of the best kept shoots I have ever known.

• Like 2

Seems the general consensus is that everyone likes the fox but also everyone has hunted many.

I also like seeing foxes and am new to the game, so why is it they are killed so much ? are they that bad of an animal to livestock etc. I  sure think watching the hunt is great but not sure how I would feel if the dog I owned killed it and I set out for that deliberately. 

Probably a stupid question and I'm not against anyone doing it but I've often been curious. Understand completely with rabbits as they are eaten

17 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

It don't to be honest it lived with a Mike Brown whippet that used to pull em outta car and would take it from sharp end but it came as a tiny cub tried suckling on it when it was young they're best pals. I still don't like the f***ing things but it's a comical thing to watch and sharp it flys about 

Had a few over the yrs myself, Last one I got for a mate, lived in his house, slept with the family dog, he had it  for a good few yrs until it turned nutts.... f***ing thing would run up the curtains and sit on the rail?play with his staff and used to walk around the estate following his lad... Any other dogs went near it, and the staff would screw them?

I got nothing but respect for them... There's Nothing better than  breaking through and that smell hitting you  on a frosty morning ? and even if he shows you his heels and makes a clean get away into the distance for another day?

Got to say, the fox in the photo seems and looks  totally relaxed... They  always look broken to me when trapped or caught and held for any amount of time?IMG-20201111-WA0001.jpg.615a2fbf852574001dabc54e8be15efe.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rabid said:

Keeper mate of mine has had two as pets over the years, total respect for the fox as a species, even though I despatch hundreds each year, you have to admire them for their cunning and adaptive ness, 

My keeper mate shot every one they saw on the shoot, but those two came as very small cubs and lived with 14 dogs, darn thing acted just like one of them and used to greet you at the gate amongst the pack, did a double take first time I saw it happen, but they also had a couple of roe deer that lived with them for a few years until they disappeared, was like visiting a wildlife park, and that was one of the best kept shoots I have ever known.

We've got muntjac around the aviaries keeping grass down the young for runs down to the back door when you go out. Beats strimming it. 

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Had a few over the yrs myself, Last one I got for a mate, lived in his house, slept with the family dog, he had it  for a good few yrs until it turned nutts.... f***ing thing would run up the curtains and sit on the rail?play with his staff and used to walk around the estate following his lad... Any other dogs went near it, and the staff would screw them?

I got nothing but respect for them... There's Nothing better than  breaking through and that smell hitting you  on a frosty morning ? and even if he shows you his heels and makes a clean get away into the distance for another day?

Got to say, the fox in the photo seems and looks  totally relaxed... They  always look broken to me when trapped or caught and held for any amount of time?IMG-20201111-WA0001.jpg.615a2fbf852574001dabc54e8be15efe.jpg

It's a domesticated Siberian one turns silvery in winter