• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on the bag tonight?

10% imperial stout i made 3 year ago. 

Posted Images

Just now, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

I’ve put this on before but this is really good stuff, think you can get it for about £25 when it’s on offer 

68AC9D2D-6723-4B9B-BB0E-4A382F79D4A4.jpeg

What's the rum barrel add? Is it sweet or peaty or what?

1 minute ago, Borr said:

What's the rum barrel add? Is it sweet or peaty or what?

Sweet and really smooth, I use to drink a lot of Jameson’s, I got a bottle of Jameson’s soon after I finished that and it was rough compared to that, only thing with drinking these good whiskeys is you soon get an expensive pallet and don’t want to go back to the cheap stuff ?

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Any good? 

It's smooth, mellow, didn't smell great but that doesn't matter, the box says exotic citrus , a little maybe , I'd say it's better than Glenfiddich 12 , very good , highly recommended.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Sweet and really smooth, I use to drink a lot of Jameson’s, I got a bottle of Jameson’s soon after I finished that and it was rough compared to that, only thing with drinking these good whiskeys is you soon get an expensive pallet and don’t want to go back to the cheap stuff ?

Yep I suffered a jamesons a few weeks back , once you find a really smooth whisky the rest are like moonshine gone wrong. There's quite a few affordable ones like the co-op 12 I just supped, glen moray is okay for the money, but I'd say co-op is winning for a £20 bottle...the only whisky I'd prefer is an aberlour tbh...

1 minute ago, Borr said:

It's smooth, mellow, didn't smell great but that doesn't matter, the box says exotic citrus , a little maybe , I'd say it's better than Glenfiddich 12 , very good , highly recommended.

Do you drink whiskey neat or with some ice, I always prefer it with some ice just to take the edge off 

2 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Do you drink whiskey neat or with some ice, I always prefer it with some ice just to take the edge off 

Sacrilege... No water no ice...slightly warm.

If I can't drink it like that I'd sooner stick a coke or ginger ale in it.....

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Borr said:

Yep I suffered a jamesons a few weeks back , once you find a really smooth whisky the rest are like moonshine gone wrong. There's quite a few affordable ones like the co-op 12 I just supped, glen moray is okay for the money, but I'd say co-op is winning for a £20 bottle...the only whisky I'd prefer is an aberlour tbh...

Ever tried this ? It’s one of the best in my opinion 

7EEA30C6-A90B-4988-A40A-91B24025B410.png

11 minutes ago, Borr said:

Not tried it , it looks familiar, how much? and would it be a special occasions whisky ? I like most smooth ones, can't do anything peaty or overly harsh or citrus , prefer caramel mellow. 

When it’s on offer in Tesco I think it’s about £26 when it’s usually £42, I’m the same can’t stand peaty ones, this one is discribed as having notes of toffee apple, really nice, you will definitely like it from what you say 

12 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

When it’s on offer in Tesco I think it’s about £26 when it’s usually £42, I’m the same can’t stand peaty ones, this one is discribed as having notes of toffee apple, really nice, you will definitely like it from what you say 

Always have a bottle or 2 of this in the house....dish it out when I get an invite or someone does me a good turn..

I like this and Jura?Screenshot_20211020-112936.png.66cbcc1b7bdc2a5e6018d70cf5db9c2e.png

• Like 2

Did the whisky tour at penderyn , was quite interesting, it was a warm up for a stag do but half of them went straight to Cardiff and were sozzled by the time we got there lol. Penderyn were using mash from brains beer I believe, only thing that put me off the brand was they were buying gin etc from Birmingham and sticking the Welsh brand on it. Interesting fact, each year a barrel loses alcohol , known as 'angels share' and they get a tax rebate for it lol.

• Like 2