• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on the bag tonight?

10% imperial stout i made 3 year ago. 

Posted Images

Just now, Bush Rummager said:

Managed to get my Mrs, who loves food and a pint, to do this 4 mile loop with me. Been trying to temp her for ages. It has a belting pub exactly half way around. It's Friday.. the sun is out.. and apparently, she's not hungry and doesn't want a pint when we get there can you believe!! All she wants is a glass of Rola Cola ffs!! F@@k my tin hat!

I had a nice Asple..

20230602_161859.jpg.9af90f1f4141ed754bd5a644d87f9862.jpg

Deffo beer garden weather , then yanks bought aspalls out after 300 years ... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bush Rummager said:

What's your choice of suppage mate??

Make a wish ? , I like to buy British, when not drinking foreign stuff, korev is okay , we have utopian lager which is great but only found on tap I believe. Cider English only I'm afraid and the best I've found with decent voltage is lidls vintage which is 750 ml for under two quid and made by Henry Weston's .... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borr said:

Deffo beer garden weather , then yanks bought aspalls out after 300 years ... 

Absolutely matey! We don't get all that many nice days out of a full year so make the most of the good 'uns eh!!

I didn't know that about Asples!!

3 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Managed to get my Mrs, who loves food and a pint, to do this 4 mile loop with me. Been trying to temp her for ages. It has a belting pub exactly half way around. It's Friday.. the sun is out.. and apparently, she's not hungry and doesn't want a pint when we get there can you believe!! All she wants is a glass of Rola Cola ffs!! F@@k my tin hat!

I had a nice Asple..

20230602_161859.jpg.9af90f1f4141ed754bd5a644d87f9862.jpg

Typical - mine's exactly the same mate.

........ order some grub anyway. If she's like mine, she'll get hungry as soon as you start tucking in :rolleyes: :laugh: :thumbs:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Borr said:

What's your flavour then shark

Well, first of all, I don't drink anything like as much as I used to.  But, I enjoy a few guinness' now and again, a few glasses of rum now and again, and a few glasses of red wine now and again.

Actually on my 3rd glass of red wine as I text this.  ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Borr said:

Make a wish ? , I like to buy British, when not drinking foreign stuff, korev is okay , we have utopian lager which is great but only found on tap I believe. Cider English only I'm afraid and the best I've found with decent voltage is lidls vintage which is 750 ml for under two quid and made by Henry Weston's .... 

I've been told by a fellow pi$$ head.. erm.. I mean cider drinker, that the Lidl stuff is actually westons! Makes you wonder doesn't it!! Myself.. I can't actually tell a different.. as such!! lol..

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Well, first of all, I don't drink anything like as much as I used to.  But, I enjoy a few guinness' now and again, a few glasses of rum now and again, and a few glasses of red wine now and again.

Seems all a bit french/Irish celtish.... Lol, I had red last night but not my normal go to , Guinness I enjoy some in the winter ... Wales has decent wine and beer... Whisky/cider not so much lol

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve gone all French this evening, mainly because I’ve never tried it before, not bad but not a patch on a Henry 

IMG_7350.jpeg

French cider is shite 

10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Ahh.. nice mixture that pal. We've all all got different tastes at the end of the day eh! It's like dogs and women I suppose.. I've always had a soft spot for rough bitch's!! ??

• Haha 1

I carried the cider theme on and picked up a ten pack from this walk in fridge. Great place to hang out for 10 minutes on a sweltering day! Fancied going to the top shelf for some Westons.. but I thought wise to save the heavy artillery for tomorrow. Picked up a box of Inches cider. The taste is massively lacking and I've have more alcohol in an ice pop!!

20230602_191436.jpg.ac910e600bb0c82e036b3b30b0319a40.jpg20230602_193150.jpg.a932078af96d1587f1fe0fa9668163b4.jpg

20230602_193204.jpg

6 minutes ago, Borr said:

Seems all a bit french/Irish celtish.... Lol, I had red last night but not my normal go to , Guinness I enjoy some in the winter ... Wales has decent wine and beer... Whisky/cider not so much lol

I always used to drink cider, a couple of cider festivals every year, only a few miles from where I live, but the last maybe 6 or 7 years I've put cider on the back-burner, as they say, and broadened my horizons lol ?

• Like 1