• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on the bag tonight?

10% imperial stout i made 3 year ago. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, kanny said:

I dunno a good product shines through often even when mixed,  I like my Irish  coffees and I always use a decent drop , my main drink is vodka which I mix but I always buy good vodka because I get very little hangover same goes for cooking with wine,always use a decent drop.

What vodka you on, grey goose ? 

22 minutes ago, Borr said:

The best analogy I can think of is having a good cheese , taking it out of the fridge and eating it cold , no flavour , no smooth creamy texture just hard cheese. Maybe a shite analogy but.... I think good vodka works well out of the freezer but I'd still not give it that slightly watered down taste. Some of the most knowledgeable whisky drinker use water and ice who am I, jmho...

I agree with the cheese thing I like a bit of Stilton or Shropshire blue much better when it’s been out the fridge for half an hour but still like my whiskey on the rocks ?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, kanny said:

I dunno a good product shines through often even when mixed,  I like my Irish  coffees and I always use a decent drop , my main drink is vodka which I mix but I always buy good vodka because I get very little hangover same goes for cooking with wine,always use a decent drop.

Yes, agreed - I judge them partly by that as well.  I can live with being a bit foggy in the morning but, a raging hangover is a right shitter.

1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

Yes, agreed - I judge them partly by that as well.  I can live with being a bit foggy in the morning but, a raging hangover is a right shitter.

It gets harder as you get older don't it,  I don't really drink much nowadays but when I do I go for it so I try and protect myself as much as I can lol 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, kanny said:

It gets harder as you get older don't it,  I don't really drink much nowadays but when I do I go for it so I try and protect myself as much as I can lol 

I didn't know vodka was a sipping drink until a few years back when grey goose was on offer in Tesco , amazing vodka , served ice cold , smooth and fun...

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Borr said:

I didn't know vodka was a sipping drink until a few years back when grey goose was on offer in Tesco , amazing vodka , served ice cold , smooth and fun...

I think age brings an appreciation for quality over quantity :thumbs:

• Like 3

Handful of these in tonight.  Went to the best pub in Cornwall yesterday and  several people choking and coughing and sneezing,  couldn't get out of there quick enough.  We are now personally locked down again ready for the inevitable after this weeks covid influx of half termers.

20211023_193317.jpg

• Like 1