• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on the bag tonight?

10% imperial stout i made 3 year ago. 

Posted Images

Lads check this place out Bourbons Rums Whisky it’s an incredible shop it’s in a village called Constantine just outside Falmouth well worth a look if your looking for something in particular.

WWW.DRINKFINDER.CO.UK

Drinkfinder - We stock thousands of expertly-selected whiskeys, rums, gins, wines & beers. Get express delivery on orders before 2pm. Buy alcohol online today.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Lads check this place out Bourbons Rums Whisky it’s an incredible shop it’s in a village called Constantine just outside Falmouth well worth a look if your looking for something in particular.

WWW.DRINKFINDER.CO.UK

Drinkfinder - We stock thousands of expertly-selected whiskeys, rums, gins, wines & beers. Get express delivery on orders before 2pm. Buy alcohol online today.

That's expensive , only going by the more accessible brands...£44 for aberlour 12....

3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

WWW.DRINKFINDER.CO.UK

Our regional manager lives there, she goes mad for the place ?

Cheers, D.

11 hours ago, dytkos said:

Our regional manager lives there, she goes mad for the place ?

Cheers, D.

The thing is with the place it’s usually got in stock what you want at a price I suppose, lovely little place though I’ve stayed several times at the Trengilly Wartha Pub just up the road good area to explore the Helford Passage.

• Like 1
On 19/10/2021 at 13:57, Jonjon79 said:

This weeks work schedule means no drinking for me............. until Friday night.

Inspired by the Newcastle Brown Ale post (haven't had one for years), I picked these up today - I've been eyeing up the rum for a while.

........... I also picked up a big slab of belly pork - roll on Friday :thumbs:

20211019_133006.jpg

Well, it's Friday night and, it's not been an easy week so, I'm on the sofa with the dogs watching Netflix :thumbs:

I've tried quite a few rums but, this Kirk & Sweeney is the best yet by a long way - the flavours are subtle and not sweet: burnt sugar cane, dried fruit, vanilla and oak and, they develop well.

......... it's the smoothest that I've tried - it would be criminal to put ice in it. It would be a hanging offense to even think of putting a mixer in it.

I'm going to enjoy a few of these tonight - we'll see what the head's like in the morning ??

• Like 2

I'm had an easy week, but it's Friday, drinking that co-op malt but I've reduced it's score it's heavy in a coffee liqueur type way, but doing the job. Back at it Monday, kids have broken up for half term good vibes in da house ???

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

Well, it's Friday night and, it's not been an easy week so, I'm on the sofa with the dogs watching Netflix :thumbs:

I've tried quite a few rums but, this Kirk & Sweeney is the best yet by a long way - the flavours are subtle and not sweet: burnt sugar cane, dried fruit, vanilla and oak and, they develop well.

......... it's the smoothest that I've tried - it would be criminal to put ice in it. It would be a hanging offense to even think of putting a mixer in it.

I'm going to enjoy a few of these tonight - we'll see what the head's like in the morning ??

Don’t get the big deal about putting a drop of water or putting a bit of ice in a whiskey or rum if you like it that way, the flavour is still all there, but I do agree there is no point buying a good whiskey or rum if you add a mixer such as coke  or lemonade, may aswell just get the cheap stuff if your going to do that ?

• Like 2
10 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Don’t get the big deal about putting a drop of water or putting a bit of ice in a whiskey or rum if you like it that way, the flavour is still all there, but I do agree there is no point buying a good whiskey or rum if you add a mixer such as coke  or lemonade, may aswell just get the cheap stuff if your going to do that ?

The best analogy I can think of is having a good cheese  blah blah more drivel from me...

Edited by Borr
Whisky

I dunno a good product shines through often even when mixed,  I like my Irish  coffees and I always use a decent drop , my main drink is vodka which I mix but I always buy good vodka because I get very little hangover same goes for cooking with wine,always use a decent drop.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, kanny said:

I dunno a good product shines through often even when mixed,  I like my Irish  coffees and I always use a decent drop , my main drink is vodka which I mix but I always buy good vodka because I get very little hangover same goes for cooking with wine,always use a decent drop.

I got somewhat carried away....

Edited by Borr
  • Haha 1