Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on the bag tonight?

10% imperial stout i made 3 year ago. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Made in Tadcaster now 

Yeah, it’s been brewed by Heineken for a good few years now, I used to work on the trucks at Heineken and john smiths at tadcaster and a few local ones to me, Cameron’s and molson coors, you used to get loads of freebee’s but that all stopped, Cameron’s Ruby Red was always a favourite from the brewery in Hartlepool 

• Like 1

Stopped in the brewery tap on way home. Large merlot for the Mrs, pint of flat cap and 2 packets of good quality crisp..... £8. Don't get those prices down south do you. The crisp are made on a local farm by a decent farming family, black pepper flavour really goes well with with flat cap ale. 

On a side note the flat cap ale was originally called Fred's cap ale....named after Fred dibner. But his wife wanted money for using Fred's name so it was changed to flat cap ale. Their next brew was called gold digger ale ?

IMG_20211009_153230.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll have a couple more of these after dinner later :thumbs:

It's nice but, not the best I've had. It would probably be better for sipping if it wasn't 54%.

......... For a spiced rum, it's not too sweet which is a good thing but, the flavours are a bit more subtle than I'd like.

20211009_165637.jpg

• Like 2