permission

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My pals sister is courtin we a lad over Leeds, he’s a farm there I could ask and possibly put you in touch

Let's all be honest yeah it's good to have permission I've got a little bit of permission not much on there and hs2 has raped it but most of my hunting life I've been and always will be a poacher who

I'll take both 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

I think one of the biggest problems facing lads that like to run anything other than rabbits is you have to realistically do it at night and these days the first sign of a light at night and the old bill are called. It’s ok if you have some fairly tucked away land but round my way (south of England) there basically isn’t any land that you could lamp on without being seen buy a house or from a road and then some f****r calls either the landowner or plod. It means even if you have permission the landowner is getting grief (phone ringing at 11.00pm at night etc) and it basically isn’t worth them saying yes. So you end up having to poach but best wait till after midnight, which is fine but if you have a wife, kids a job that’s not so easy. I have pretty much given up lamping as just felt like to much grief, stick to ferreting now as lamping was just harder work than it was worth. 

That’s not true tbh, still a good few lads getting plenty done in the daytime and surviving, just takes a brain and a bit of bottle.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Buy a thermal... lamp is on a minimum amount of time then.

I don't own a thermal but the lad I lamp with does handy piece of kit with out a shadow of a doubt it's a game changer I'l get my own 1 day just finding a glove box with 1 left in

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Buy a thermal... lamp is on a minimum amount of time then.

Problem with a thermal is everyone knows about them, if lads had kept their mouth shut they’d have been bang on for years to come but because of your loudmouth types they’re just a 2 and a half grand bit of kit that the police are looking for now. 

Just now, Shadow100 said:

That’s not true tbh, still a good few lads getting plenty done in the daytime and surviving, just takes a brain and a bit of bottle.

That's what it's down to really, are you willing to risk your freedom for the dogs and the game? 

I'll be honest, my liberty and my livelihood come first every time. 

I'm sure if you you have the right sort of permission you can go about your business relatively privately, you've just got to play the game differently these days. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Yep! Even when I'm on permission here, i dont go out before midnight. Even a short couple of hours sees me get into bed at 3am, to get up at 7am. Luckily I've no kids and the mrs works shifts, some of which are nights so generally i lamp non-wed/thurs and stick to daytime Saturday / sunday. As a rule i dont lamp fri/sat/sun as thats when the idiots are out and folk are also up later etc.

Your a man of the world I remember nights when I'd lamp dusk til dawn id be f****d now if I did that ? still do the odd early hours back home on certain nights 

3 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Problem with a thermal is everyone knows about them, if lads had kept their mouth shut they’d have been bang on for years to come but because of your loudmouth types they’re just a 2 and a half grand bit of kit that the police are looking for now. 

Yeah I mean I saw published in a certain book about them being used way back to be fair the old time the old bill are gonna know your using 1 is if there using 1 or if you get pulled over in the wrong place and you ain't quick enough to do the old switcher roo these lads with the permission are sweet nowt to worry about ?

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That's what it's down to really, are you willing to risk your freedom for the dogs and the game? 

I'm sure if you you have the right sort of permission you can go about your business relatively privately, you've just got to play the game differently these days. 

I’ve never had permission, do more daytime work than lamping, people would have you believe it’s impossible to do certain things in daylight hours but usually it’s just because they’re not willing to do it. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Shadow100 said:

I’ve never had permission, do more daytime work than lamping, people would have you believe it’s impossible to do certain things in daylight hours but usually it’s just because they’re not willing to do it. 

Fortune favours the brave ?

• Like 1
Just now, Greb147 said:

Freedom,behave,if you got caught 40 years ago,30 years ago and 20 years ago,you got a poxy fine,its still the same now.The majority of times you are collared you can offer them £10 a month to pay the fine.The majority of plod are clueless when it comes to rural lurcher sport and you can get away with a fine most of the time.More savvy plod will take your motor,whoopy do,when they get a tad more serious the mutts are put In kennels until the court case,thats far more serious and worth consideration,a loss of liberty is usually down to the digging lads getting a tug and the lurcher owners with an overactive love of their mobile video cam.Decent lurchers are as industrious as ever,the feckwits don,t own them.

5 minutes ago, Penda said:

Your a man of the world I remember nights when I'd lamp dusk til dawn id be f****d now if I did that ? still do the odd early hours back home on certain nights 

Had a few nights this season where friends have visited and we have been walking home knocking stuff up as the sun is rising, laughing, slightly delirious, having drunk too much lucozade. back in the house 6am, couple of beers and a bacon sandwich and they've had two hours sleep and driven 5 hours home. Mad b*****ds. Luckily my mrs is an absolute legend and keeps the wheels turning! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Penda said:

Fortune favours the brave ?

Just depends how highly you prioritise the dog game in your life mate, I’d lose a job no problem before I stopped running my dogs, jobs come and go life’s too short not to enjoy what you love doing.

Comes down to a bit of stubbornness with me as well, apart from family dogs is the most important thing in the world to me, and believe me it’s a close run thing ? so no amount of nosey c**ts, police or politicians are going to stop me doing it.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Had a few nights this season where friends have visited and we have been walking home knocking stuff up as the sun is rising, laughing, slightly delirious, having drunk too much lucozade. back in the house 6am, couple of beers and a bacon sandwich and they've had two hours sleep and driven 5 hours home. Mad b*****ds. Luckily my mrs is an absolute legend and keeps the wheels turning! 

The drink of lampers  ??

66490400-36D8-46FE-A899-B08512197C8C.jpeg

• Haha 3