Ferruginous x harris

Bobob

5 hours ago, Bobob said:

This is my friends hawk, im having a male and female harris hawk delivered next wednesday. I'm a complete novice and a little excited to say the least.

Everyone to their own, but why would you start with a male and female, wouldn't you be  better off putting all your time into one. The problem is its like having two pups together you'll always take to one over the other and then the other one gets left behind. The male will tame quicker and respond much faster as it has less weight to lose also they are usually a lot more laid back and easy going. Good luck with them, keep us posted on their progress!

Nice hybrid, I know several people flying Ferruginous/redtail's and one with a redtail/Harris, keep us posted.

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Bobob said:

I'm not having both I'm choosing one when it gets here and probably the male. The guy next door and his partner will be having whichever one I don't take.

Ideal you won't be disappointed, keep me posted. Maybe have a day out when you get it going if you fancy it.