• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow ,this place has really changed for the better a few years ago a young lady asking advice would be overwhelmed by innuendo ,double entendres and out right shouts of " get your tits out and I'll tel

Have had a pair of Brasher (think Berghaus bought them over) Hillmaster boots for years. Robust enough for hill walking and very lightweight. I prefer a leather upper to gore-tex etc.  When I rep

Altberg walking boots are worth looking at 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Just an heads up on working boots i bought some V12 Bison lightweight boots for work they are garbage the leather after 2days ware in a pretty clean enviroment started going white were the leather creased and cracked. Chinese crap that i would not have bought if i had known though i have received a full refund for them from the ebay sellar.

They supply us with these for work.... f***ing crap, I wear my buck boots or old pair of hiax

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Rabid said:

I personally would avoid the haix boots, I tried two pairs after been recommended them and found them uncomfortable as hell, my old work boots were much better ? Ended up giving them away.
i splashed out and bought a pair of Lowa, best boots ive ever owned so far,  so much So I just got another pair.

same here got a pair ended up giving them away made my feet ache,bought  a pair of hanwag special forces gtx great boots 

45 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

Just bought some grubs frost line 8.5 Wellies had um 2 days n the glue has given up sending um back on Monday 

Not sure what wellys to try next 

20201115_113703.jpg

I know people slag them but I have used Muck Boot Chores for the last 4 years or something.

I use them Literally all day every day round the farm and they have been fantastic.

A pair probably last me 2 years which I don’t think is bad 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Things move on mate, thankfully? I would buy a pair of H&G if a pair ever came up for sale, just for the nostalgia

I bet you miss the blisters and trench foot though mate ?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had Altberg Defenders a couple of years back but I found they didn't keep my feet warm I tried Haix - the ones with the mesh at the sides and although they were warmer, they weren't as waterproof. Last pair I got were the Haix cold weather boots which are warm and waterproof and I find the most comfortable of the 3. 

Mrs w wanted a pair but as she has size 3 feet, it's hard to find any adult boots for her. She actually found a pair of Karrimor SF in her size at the local Army surplus place. They seem more dirt proof than Haix. :laugh:

20201130_124644.jpg.b4c49f52ec87d4883f7ade9c80d96e27.jpg

41 minutes ago, walshie said:

I had Altberg Defenders a couple of years back but I found they didn't keep my feet warm I tried Haix - the ones with the mesh at the sides and although they were warmer, they weren't as waterproof. Last pair I got were the Haix cold weather boots which are warm and waterproof and I find the most comfortable of the 3. 

Mrs w wanted a pair but as she has size 3 feet, it's hard to find any adult boots for her. She actually found a pair of Karrimor SF in her size at the local Army surplus place. They seem more dirt proof than Haix. :laugh:

20201130_124644.jpg.b4c49f52ec87d4883f7ade9c80d96e27.jpg

Plenty of the haix in size 3 on ebay mate, more than there is size 10 anyway which is what I was actually looking for when it gives you every other size.

12 hours ago, gnipper said:

Plenty of the haix in size 3 on ebay mate, more than there is size 10 anyway which is what I was actually looking for when it gives you every other size.

I cannot find them cold weather boots in size 10 on ebay wish i had bought two pairs now well worth the £80 i paid for them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/12/2020 at 07:50, Foxpack 2 said:

I've had mendhl and ruined a pair in 2 seasons .

My Mrs got me gri sport gamekeeper boots not expensive .but have lasted 2 seasons so far.decent boots .very comfortable.

Been looking at getting a pair of these the reviews seem good are they a wide fitting boot or narrow fitting .

On 20/11/2020 at 06:23, pesky1972 said:

Have had a pair of Brasher (think Berghaus bought them over) Hillmaster boots for years. Robust enough for hill walking and very lightweight. I prefer a leather upper to gore-tex etc. 

When I replace then I’ll look for another well made, lightweight boot with a decent sole (Vibram usually a safe bet). Try a few pairs on before you buy, and wear the socks you’ll be walking in to make sure they fit right. Should be plenty deals about once the shops are allowed to open up again.

Ive the same , cant fault them , use them regularly when walking the dales .Think i paid bout £90.00 from go outdoors