1 hour ago, WILF said:

The Alt-Berg lightweight desert boots are the absolute daddy for warm dry wether or if you do a mobile job in clean dry conditions 

I will wait till this lockdown lifts so they can size me up as I want a one that will take a good mooch and through water

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow ,this place has really changed for the better a few years ago a young lady asking advice would be overwhelmed by innuendo ,double entendres and out right shouts of " get your tits out and I'll tel

Have had a pair of Brasher (think Berghaus bought them over) Hillmaster boots for years. Robust enough for hill walking and very lightweight. I prefer a leather upper to gore-tex etc.  When I rep

Altberg walking boots are worth looking at 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I will wait till this lockdown lifts so they can size me up as I want a one that will take a good mooch and through water

I have the Alt-Berg brown leather combat boots (non waterproof)

The difference is gore-tex liner i think

I also have Lowa waterproof combat boots.

I have high leg Meindl (Dovre extreme GTX) as well and for dealing with real wet conditions the Miendl would be a much better boot compared to a water proof version of the Alt-bergs I have or the Lowa.

I have waded streams and all sorts up in the Lake District in the Meindl, never got wet feet ever.

Between Alt-Berg, Lowa and Meindl in leather boots for hunting, Miendl win hands down mate.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, WILF said:

I have the Alt-Berg brown leather combat boots (non waterproof)

The difference is gore-tex liner i think

I also have Lowa waterproof combat boots.

I have high leg Meindl (Dovre extreme GTX) as well and for dealing with real wet conditions the Miendl would be a much better boot compared to a water proof version of the Alt-bergs I have or the Lowa.

I have waded streams and all sorts up in the Lake District in the Meindl, never got wet feet ever.

Between Alt-Berg, Lowa and Meindl in leather boots for hunting, Miendl win hands down mate.

I’ve heard of them meindl  to I think it’s finding the right boot but you can’t beat the tryed one tested stuff mate,I will have a look at them to as it’s leather I want.

Edited by lurchers
1 hour ago, lurchers said:

I’ve heard of them meindl  to I think it’s finding the right boot but you can’t beat the tryed one tested stuff mate,I will have a look at them to as it’s leather I want.

I have had my Miendl about 10 years mate, they are well tested over years by lots of lads who are out in the wilds putting them through their paces ?

8 hours ago, WILF said:

I have had my Miendl about 10 years mate, they are well tested over years by lots of lads who are out in the wilds putting them through their paces ?

I’ve just been looking on eBay at some and got them on my watch list which ones do you think out of these mate

98976BFA-B761-4446-A7B0-9DF4178CA453.png

1938EAE1-54DA-40BE-A1EF-8F666CD056CB.png

AAF48F61-B577-4097-8C14-8616B3ADF03B.png

E437A5C6-EF34-4ADF-8E4D-E7AADADA181B.png

Choosing what boots would be suitable for you depends on so many variables that more information is needed. What will you be using them for? Winter and summer use? High leg or ankle? Leather or man-made? Plus individual factors such as age, height, weight, do you shave your minge etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never had a pair of meindls but have heard good reports from lads who have had them as well as my Altberg walking boots i have a pair of the hiax cold weather boots and to be honest they are the best boots i have ever had 100pct waterproof i will never buy another pair of wellingtons wile i can get my hands on these.

• Like 2

I personally would avoid the haix boots, I tried two pairs after been recommended them and found them uncomfortable as hell, my old work boots were much better ? Ended up giving them away.
i splashed out and bought a pair of Lowa, best boots ive ever owned so far,  so much So I just got another pair.

42 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I personally would avoid the haix boots, I tried two pairs after been recommended them and found them uncomfortable as hell, my old work boots were much better ? Ended up giving them away.
i splashed out and bought a pair of Lowa, best boots ive ever owned so far,  so much So I just got another pair.

Good shout mate, if it’s what you do then it’s worth investing and buying the best kit your budget will allow.

Thats what I have always thought anyway.

Altberg defenders.brand new out of the box no breaking in needed. Walk in water all day feet dry.in summer in the garden my feet don't sweat and winter my feet ain't cold..

You might get these for £55 they say make an offer.bargain for that price...retail is £165.

Me and my lads pairs hanging up...IMG_20201121_132745.jpg.2fd298434b172b59cafdb5ad2b3852ab.jpg

Screenshot_20201121-132113.png.b01f1a5b14d6591f81840f14de1c79a3.png

Just an heads up on working boots i bought some V12 Bison lightweight boots for work they are garbage the leather after 2days ware in a pretty clean enviroment started going white were the leather creased and cracked. Chinese crap that i would not have bought if i had known though i have received a full refund for them from the ebay sellar.

Got these beasts for sale.... 

When I was complaining about them to one of the fell huntsmen he said if I was giving up wearing them he would have them. So I said yes, I'd happily donate them, figuring if he didn't wear em for hunting he would use em when showing hounds....then he told me he was going to nail them to a tree at kennels to use as bird boxes ?

IMG_20201121_135123.jpg

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Got these beasts for sale.... 

When I was complaining about them to one of the fell huntsmen he said if I was giving up wearing them he would have them. So I said yes, I'd happily donate them, figuring if he didn't wear em for hunting he would use em when showing hounds....then he told me he was going to nail them to a tree at kennels to use as bird boxes ?

IMG_20201121_135123.jpg

The only just broken in.