Petrol and diesel cars to be banned by 2030

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yep, that’s exactly what it is......I can’t see people putting up with not being able to cut their own turf mate can you ?

When I cut a bog, by hand. It's 8 sods wide, and two sods deep. The top scraw is carefully removed, and place in the old cut, side by side, so it will continue to grow into its self again. No damage.

Just layerd. 

When I'm, and many others are finished, you'd have to really look to see where the cutting to place, no damage, and all grows into its self again 

Atb j 

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable a

It is all la la land.  How many people live where they  don't have off road parking.?  What about those who live in blocks of flats or anywhere where you can't plug into your own building.  You can't

What f***ing off to the moon with a silver spoon? ? 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jetro said:

Not likely.

How could they police it, there would be major kick off. 

But why should we give up our right, just to appease some other government (Brussels).

Also is the government will to compensate said bog owners, give them major discounts in buying gas or oil, I don't think so.

I for one most defentily won't stop. 

Atb j 

That's the thing, though, Jetro.

Brussel's IS your government !

Any country that is a member of the EU is just a state of an increasingly Federal EU.

Thats why the UK has left; to become an independent, sovereign country, and why it's taking so long to get a trade agreement, we want to make our own rules and laws.

Cheers.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

That's the thing, though, Jetro.

Brussel's IS your government !

Any country that is a member of the EU is just a state of an increasingly Federal EU.

Thats why the UK has left; to become an independent, sovereign country, and why it's taking so long to get a trade agreement, we want to make our own rules and laws.

Cheers.

I realise all that.

And I would love to see this country leave, just like the UK. 

I can't understand why we're still tied to them. Imo Ireland could/Should be more self reliant, not to be depending on e.u hangouts 

Atb j 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jetro said:

I realise all that.

And I would love to see this country leave, just like the UK. 

I can't understand why we're still tied to them. Imo Ireland could/Should be more self reliant, not to be depending on e.u hangouts 

Atb j 

I think in the new EU budget, still to be ratified, Ireland will become a net contributor, to help make up the shortfall when the UK finally stops being the second largest contributor.

Cheers.

Just now, chartpolski said:

I think in the new EU budget, still to be ratified, Ireland will become a net contributor, to help make up the shortfall when the UK finally stops being the second largest contributor.

Cheers.

I'd belive it.

They can't help their own country men and women, health, homeless, unemployment, but dish out to other foreigners. 

And it's the less well off hard working scrapping by people that will have to pay.

It's Sickening 

Atb j 

44 minutes ago, jetro said:

Yes

It's easily done. But I'm sure there's some clauses involved, legal ones, if found out. I'll have to ask her. 

You know the way it is now all red tape 

Atb j 

If it’s any consolation I live in an area I can’t even get coal delivered to my house, I,m on the edge of an industrial estate that strips the paint off your car and leaves it layered in black shit but am told I,m not allowed an open fire, well f**k that have been burning everything and anything for years and won’t stop, happy to go to court if there is any law that forbids me from keeping warm bring it on I won’t stop, especially as they have just built 2 new power stations on the foreshore near me that burn rubbish to generate leccy, if we all stopped bending over and playing the game the game will have to stop ✌️

1 hour ago, WILF said:

I think it’s the commercial turf cutting they are going to stop and to be fair I can see why, drive past those sites and it’s devastated mate, it’s like a moon scape.

But your ordinary household, can’t see how they are hurting anyone.

In the last 3 years it has taken 1 morning every year to haul home enough turf for the year, in fact I have a surplus and I don’t think I will need to cut any next year if this winter isn’t too bad.

I bet I have not dug up 30sq m of ground for that! 
How is that worse than Oil or Gas ? 

Im no expert.but I think the peat you have dug and burn has been storing carbon for 1000's of years that was essentially out of the loop so to speak.

If we burn tree's that have captured carbon then by burning them we ain't adding any more carbon to the atmosphere as what the trees have taken in we are releasing again.and it's an endless cycle of capture and release by burning tree's.oil gas coal peat.is adding carbon to the atmosphere that was captured millions of years ago.

I might be wrong but I'm sure it's along them lines...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, king said:

Im no expert.but I think the peat you have dug and burn has been storing carbon for 1000's of years that was essentially out of the loop so to speak.

If we burn tree's that have captured carbon then by burning them we ain't adding any more carbon to the atmosphere as what the trees have taken in we are releasing again.and it's an endless cycle of capture and release by burning tree's.oil gas coal peat.is adding carbon to the atmosphere that was captured millions of years ago.

I might be wrong but I'm sure it's along them lines...

That is true mate, but as it restores it captures carbon again.

Carbon is released every single time anyone ploughs a field, digs a hole etc......anytime the ground is disturbed.

• Like 1