Petrol and diesel cars to be banned by 2030

2 hours ago, dytkos said:

So Boris has brought it forward by 10 years,

What's gonna happen to them all?

Where are all the charging points/fast chargers gonna be?,

What about all the classic cars?

What about the people who can't afford one? 

Etc, etc, etc

Cheers, D.

that's what a smart meter is for taxation not savings

• Thanks 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable a

It is all la la land.  How many people live where they  don't have off road parking.?  What about those who live in blocks of flats or anywhere where you can't plug into your own building.  You can't

What f***ing off to the moon with a silver spoon? ? 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Slightly off topic, (but he does make electric vehicles), Elon Musk has just added 15 BILLION to his personal fortune with the successful launch of Space X !

Cheers.

Keep an eye on the guys working on this. If realised, it'll give Musk some serious competition and revolutionise spaceflight. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABRE_(rocket_engine)

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Again mate, I don't believe it's a blind alley. The fact that capitalists are profiting is simply proof that capitalism still exists. In fact capitalism and technological progress are symbiotic.

So have all renewable technologies plateaued in their development? We've done all we can after a few decades at it? Up until recently it wasn't the benefits now that were driving these technologies, it was the future benefits that required these steps to achieve. These benefits are now being realised. Like it or not they're getting greener and if they haven't already, will likely surpass combustion engines. That's without considering the non environmental benefits, like public health and power delivery of electric engines. :thumbs:

It’s an old guy thing mate I,m massively distrusting of everything, and sadly after years of playing the game it all becomes a bit transparent, the people in charge are happy to destroy the planet to get rich then charge the likes of us to put it right, everything is down to money and nothing else comes close, just been into town to sort out some solar kit for an off grid life, but will always have one or two of these on standby, for when the solar renewable bubble bursts ?

4D88DF16-D152-445F-88C5-EE263F864A59.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The development of all this shit gets the head spinning a bit especially for an old dog like myself, just been in the battery place to sort some solar equipment out,  had on my shopping list Trojan 6v deep cycle battery,s rigged up in tandem to make a 12volt battery bank but am now told to use deep cycle carbon 12volts instead only made my plans up a week ago and they are out dated already  ??

• Haha 1

Doesn't matter what the future holds there are two things of certainty; the government will still be taxing us and the pikies will still be fiddling the system - pick-ups run on stolen red electric ?

Seriously, what is at the bottom of all this is reducing traffic numbers. Making it harder for ordinary folk to own their own transport. Countries are already struggling to supply safe, green electricity for home and business use without the addition of running the whole transport system. As Acip has already mentioned vans and lorries can't be tied to a 200 mile maximum range and sticking a shed load of batteries into the Amazon delivery van won't leave much payload for the <3.5t limit to be driven on a car licence. Same with motorhomes. They are already struggling to carry more than a deck chair and get in under 3.5t so a rack of batteries isn't going ot help.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Doesn't matter what the future holds there are two things of certainty; the government will still be taxing us and the pikies will still be fiddling the system - pick-ups run on stolen red electric ?

Seriously, what is at the bottom of all this is reducing traffic numbers. Making it harder for ordinary folk to own their own transport. Countries are already struggling to supply safe, green electricity for home and business use without the addition of running the whole transport system. As Acip has already mentioned vans and lorries can't be tied to a 200 mile maximum range and sticking a shed load of batteries into the Amazon delivery van won't leave much payload for the <3.5t limit to be driven on a car licence. Same with motorhomes. They are already struggling to carry more than a deck chair and get in under 3.5t so a rack of batteries isn't going ot help.

Hydrogen fuel cells have the advantage for haulage.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable and that’s why they are adopting it for our future, the manufacture and disposal of the cars is the problem not the running of them, all the free charging points near me are no longer free but require a credit card and for anyone thinking our intrepid leaders will turn there back on all the revenue they have robbed on fuel duty and road tax are just deluded, standing by to be spanked but that’s all I see for our motoring future, same shit different label ?

Ive been buying a few motors and storing them last few years. Nowt major Impreza, camper etc. They'll take duty of diesel and stick it on leccy when enough have switched

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

The development of all this shit gets the head spinning a bit especially for an old dog like myself, just been in the battery place to sort some solar equipment out,  had on my shopping list Trojan 6v deep cycle battery,s rigged up in tandem to make a 12volt battery bank but am now told to use deep cycle carbon 12volts instead only made my plans up a week ago and they are out dated already  ??

Had carbon cell batteries 15 years ago on my boat, exactly same as lead I think just lighter if your not moving them round just get lead acid leisure batts? The ones I had was only a bit more expensive than lead so worth it as I took off after every trip

1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

Had carbon cell batteries 15 years ago on my boat, exactly same as lead I think just lighter if your not moving them round just get lead acid leisure batts? The ones I had was only a bit more expensive than lead so worth it as I took off after every trip

Cheers for that, think the 6volt deep cycle fork lift type lead acid battery’s still seem to be best value for money have spent nearly all day doing a power audit working from amps to watts to kilowatts and back again does my nut in will probably take me less time to fit it all than it will to calculate how big a system I need, but have come to the conclusion I need 500watts of solar panels a 2kw inverter 500 amp hours of battery and a 40amp mppt charge controller, that along with a bit of juice from the alternator when running should give me enough power to run a fridge, freezer, telly, lights and the various pumps for water in and water out heads completely fried now so am off for a joint and chillax ???

Battery tech might be all the thing now but it's all a load of make believe.   We've been through about 3 different types of rechargeable batteries,  Nicads, nickel hydroxide and Lithium ion. They've all been hyped up by liar salesmen as yeah  this is the future.   They might be ok for a while but it isn't long before the output power is either short lived or a much lower voltage.  How many people have had battery drill that when you go to use  it the battery is flat or it doesn't drill many hole or worse the battery won't accept charge.  Seeing that a car is one of the most expensive things anyone buys it'll be difficult.  Cars now aren't advertised with a purchase price,  it's so much a month on PcP.  One of the daughters has had a brand new Fiat on PcP for four years and just sent it back at the end of its term.  For her to buy the car she would have had to stump up 12 thousand.  I notice that  mainly the cars being sold/advertised now are hybrids. A petrol engine drives a generator to drive the motors.   So how is that green. Hydrogen cell is the only realistic power source.  Can anyone envisage a 40 ton arctic running on batteries. La La LaLast. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The electricity theft is going to be massive once they have forced everyone over, I was saying to some one on the weekend if diesel or petrol was running through people’s homes it would be robbed blind, get half a dozen houses a year round here catch fire from bad connections on jumped electric, so when folk are running cars on it will be 10x worse ✌️

9 hours ago, Greyman said:

Don’t worry, that will give them enough time to fit a park and ride on the edge of every estate to bus the peasants into there warehouse for a 12hr shift in high viz fitted with a tracker on minimum wages, Avonmouth has spent the last 10 years fitting bus and cycle lanes so all the peasants can get there while reducing road capacity, nothing to worry about it’s all done in our best interest ✌️

Robots will be doing them jobs mate 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, kanny said:

They could be already but the powers that be need to recognise that paying people a living wage for not working is the next logical step for that to happen, but think we are many years from that well the current crop of greedy b*****ds are in charge ?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, kanny said:

Be no need for anyone to work, be a nation living on government handouts and a few small pills a day instead of eating.... If you got money you be able to f**k off and live on the moon with the special people ?us mear peasants will be controlled by the machines ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1