Petrol and diesel cars to be banned by 2030

So Boris has brought it forward by 10 years,

What's gonna happen to them all?

Where are all the charging points/fast chargers gonna be?,

What about all the classic cars?

What about the people who can't afford one? 

Etc, etc, etc

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable a

It is all la la land.  How many people live where they  don't have off road parking.?  What about those who live in blocks of flats or anywhere where you can't plug into your own building.  You can't

What f***ing off to the moon with a silver spoon? ? 

Posted Images

Don’t worry, that will give them enough time to fit a park and ride on the edge of every estate to bus the peasants into there warehouse for a 12hr shift in high viz fitted with a tracker on minimum wages, Avonmouth has spent the last 10 years fitting bus and cycle lanes so all the peasants can get there while reducing road capacity, nothing to worry about it’s all done in our best interest ✌️

• Like 2

No. The sales of new diesel cars will be banned, not diesel cars.

I saw a very rare sight the other day. Somebody plugging an electric car into one of the many charging points that have sprung up all over this area. Every village of any size has a charging point and in town centre car parks they have installed them. But in the last twelve months, until the other day, I have never seen one in use.

• Like 2

They are bang on it round here. Charging points everywhere, in all the little villages etc......Tesla’s went from being a novelty two years ago to being run of the mill now. It really is Tesla town ?

....Prices will drop rapidly, which is all well a good, but where are all the electric utility vehicle’s? Affordable electric vans will be a massive goal to achieve in the next ten years.

Edited by Accip74
6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Like it or not electric is the future now. But I wouldn't take any politicians promise as fact, it's more a signal of intention.

Exactly, let's just see how far they get with HS2 before we hang on to their pledges. 

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable and that’s why they are adopting it for our future, the manufacture and disposal of the cars is the problem not the running of them, all the free charging points near me are no longer free but require a credit card and for anyone thinking our intrepid leaders will turn there back on all the revenue they have robbed on fuel duty and road tax are just deluded, standing by to be spanked but that’s all I see for our motoring future, same shit different label ?

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable and that’s why they are adopting it for our future, the manufacture and disposal of the cars is the problem not the running of them, all the free charging points near me are no longer free but require a credit card and for anyone thinking our intrepid leaders will turn there back on all the revenue they have robbed on fuel duty and road tax are just deluded, standing by to be spanked but that’s all I see for our motoring future, same shit different label ?

It's not cheap or perfectly green at the moment. The tech is in it's infancy really and has taken off and for more reasons than subsidies. It has a lot of benefits over combustion engines and innovation will catch up with the drawbacks imo.

Overcoming the energy density difference between batteries and hydrocarbons will truly make it universally better imo.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

You can see it happening at the moment with narrow boats electric and hybrid systems coming in, government should be investing in this industry and training youngsters to give them a future, whether we like it or not it's going to happen,

Narrow boats are just sticking a forward and backward forklift truck motor on the end of the prop not a problem, then fitting a diesel or petrol generator to charge the battery’s as they go along not really a success, just have a peak in the back of the AA or RAC mans van, they are all now fitted with generators running on oil fuel to rescue the fleets of broken down electric cars littering the roads, it’s a money making ideology sold to the saps as a green alternative, and I,ve not even started on the number of car fires it’s causing or the fact the current is strong enough to fry you in your seat if you get a bit of bare wire on the body during a crash, 

8 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It's not cheap or perfectly green at the moment. The tech is in it's infancy really and has taken off and for more reasons than subsidies. It has a lot of benefits over combustion engines and innovation will catch up with the drawbacks imo.

Overcoming the energy density difference between batteries and hydrocarbons will truly make it universally better imo.

Rich people getting richer by selling us down another blind alley mate, have a look at the amount of fossil fuels used to make solar panels and there life expectancy, I have mates making electric cars, and earning a fortune but it’s nothing to do with saving the planet ?

• Like 3

Not everyone drives a car but every household uses electric......which will come in very handy when they put an extra tax on electric to replace lost fuel duty revenue ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Rich people getting richer by selling us down another blind alley mate, have a look at the amount of fossil fuels used to make solar panels and there life expectancy, I have mates making electric cars, and earning a fortune but it’s nothing to do with saving the planet ?

Again mate, I don't believe it's a blind alley. The fact that capitalists are profiting is simply proof that capitalism still exists. In fact capitalism and technological progress are symbiotic.

So have all renewable technologies plateaued in their development? We've done all we can after a few decades at it? Up until recently it wasn't the benefits now that were driving these technologies, it was the future benefits that required these steps to achieve. These benefits are now being realised. Like it or not they're getting greener and if they haven't already, will likely surpass combustion engines. That's without considering the non environmental benefits, like public health and power delivery of electric engines. :thumbs: