With age, comes clarity.

It's only recently that the I'm beginning to understand this. As I get that bit older (nearly 50, which is by no means, what soever old) I'm finding out who and what is really important in my life, and how much smaller my circle of friends has gotten, and what family really means, the good  and bad bits.

I can see the next few years been really relaxing lol

Anyone else find this 

Atb j 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's only recently that the I'm beginning to understand this. As I get that bit older (nearly 50, which is by no means, what soever old) I'm finding out who and what is really important in my life, an

Oh, yes!!! I could practically print this one off. Frame it. And stick it on my wall to sit and relish for times to come - if I gave a fukk. The irony though would probably ooze out and drip down my f

Does anyone else enjoy the comfort of a sit down piss?

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, jetro said:

Nàahh.  Now is not the time to start freewheeling, loafing around and relaxing.   You got another good 10 years of slog and children and grandchildren to go yet as you build up  your stock so that you can do things before you fall off the conveyor belt into the hole.  Bar steward isn't it.

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, jetro said:

It's only recently that the I'm beginning to understand this. As I get that bit older (nearly 50, which is by no means, what soever old) I'm finding out who and what is really important in my life, and how much smaller my circle of friends has gotten, and what family really means, the good  and bad bits.

Anyone else find this 

Atb j 

I’m 50 now and enjoying the peace and quiet as there is only me and the wife here now,I keep in touch with friends but mainly by phone now as by the time the weekend comes I have things to do and enjoy it.But the main thing now is the pains that come with the age,knees,back but ya have to keep going.

• Haha 1

Have the first grand daughter here at the moment, which is brilliant, grandson due in January,.

It just came to me in the last few weeks, what and who is really important in my life, and more importantly who isn't. 

Cutting off  dead wood, and feeling the better for it.

Atb j 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I’m 50 now and enjoying the peace and quiet as there is only me and the wife here now,I keep in touch with friends but mainly by phone now as by the time the weekend comes I have things to do and enjoy it.But the main thing now is the pains that come with the age,knees,back but ya have to keep going.

Christ that's bad isn't it then.  50.!  You could have 30 years of it before you fall off the conveyor belt.

7 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I always had a small circle of friends, mainly due to different interests I suppose.

My eyes were opened to a number of thing in the last couple of months, I was surprised by some of it.

Atb j 

• Like 1

Being an arsehole anyway ,friends have always been limited but at least you know they are there for the right reasons .Money means nothing ,family everything ,decent kit hard earned and happy now I’m semi retired .
Hunt while you can lads cos time isn’t on your  side past 55 .

More you do as a youngun ,less you’ll do in retirement .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’m 46 now and I’ve worked my arse off all my life, got a little circle of close friends but not many more as I don’t suffer fools and most I meet have something about them I don’t like ?

with all that’s happened this year I’ve really had a hard think about things and what’s important to me and I’ve decided to jack in all my gardening contracts and just do my 3 days in our little shop a bit of mole and wasp control and my little online shop

im going to do what I’ve always wanted and spend far more time down the smallholding growing fruit and veg, coppicing, carving and just messing about doing stuff I enjoy

ive realised life’s just to bloody short so live your dreams as best you can?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Just now, trapperman said:

I’m 46 now and I’ve worked my arse off all my life, got a little circle of close friends but not many more as I don’t suffer fools and most I meet have something about them I don’t like ?

with all that’s happened this year I’ve really had a hard think about things and what’s important to me and I’ve decided to jack in all my gardening contracts and just do my 3 days in our little shop a bit of mole and wasp control and my little online shop

im going to do what I’ve always wanted and spend far more time down the smallholding growing fruit and veg, coppicing, carving and just messing about doing stuff I enjoy

ive realised life’s just to bloody short so live your dreams as best you can?

That's excalty how I life my life now.

My family's rared, and doing well for themselves. 

We're here for a good time, not a Long time. 

Atb j 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jetro said:

Age is just a number lol.

I'm doing better and more now, than I did when I was in my 20s

Atb j 

That's it at 20 odd the pub still has a grip on you and messing about etc.

When the wearing of slippers is an enjoyable event you know you've aged a bit lol

• Haha 2