best size working terrier?

17 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Yorkie defo ??

never heard of a Yorkie working won’t it be a little small? ? 

it’s a simple question really a big dog might  get stuck and need more digging too a little dog won’t ffs 

Edited by Hawk17

Within reason if a dog wants to get it ll get.  A determined dog will push really tight then others will dig and pull back and u might have to drop in and open up for them . I had a small bitch that punched well above her weight and was nt shy of mixing but worked till retirement so don t think a smaller dog will get pushed about . 

1 hour ago, jake824 said:

Within reason if a dog wants to get it ll get.  A determined dog will push really tight then others will dig and pull back and u might have to drop in and open up for them . I had a small bitch that punched well above her weight and was nt shy of mixing but worked till retirement so don t think a smaller dog will get pushed about . 

No offense but one swallow doesn't make a summer. 

• Like 2

Got to take your hat off to terriers jammed up solid going toe to toe in the dark not knowing they can reverse or not. Got to take you hat off to them 

220035427_tess2(2).jpg.8ab56639065c7bd1ff1fac3fdf42df41.jpg

I used to dig like a man possessed until I broke through all ways worried me to death lol

Edited by terryd
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, terryd said:

Got to take your hat off to terriers jammed up solid going toe to toe in the dark not knowing they can reverse or not. Got to take you hat off to them 

220035427_tess2(2).jpg.8ab56639065c7bd1ff1fac3fdf42df41.jpg

I used to dig like a man possessed until I broke through all ways worried me to death lol

I feel sick to my stomach every time i drop a terrier in, even in real easy spots i have dug before.:laugh:..

1 minute ago, fireman said:

I feel sick to my stomach every time i drop a terrier in, even in real easy spots i have dug before.:laugh:..

Yea wierd you sort of know its what they live for and its a hell of buzz and when they start baying its like they are calling you for backup. You tell that cause when they know your getting close they start getting stuck in more lol or quarry starts moving forward. I think its just the worry of the unknown you just don't know whats going on until you get there. My digging days are long gone sadly. I was sold on it as a kid when on a weekend I would hear all hell kicking off in the woods over the road. I used leg it over for a nose and all ways missed the fun and got greeted by lots of worried faces until they new I just came to join in ?

• Haha 1