Tree argument.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tree is causing no harm and is at the top of the garden and is a welcome sight as an indication of different seasons and a veriaty of birds visit it its a mood lifter on this shitty council estat

Aks if he checked if  there's a tree preservation order on it ?. Then bullshit him say there is and he will face the fine after its cut down  Ask if hes checked with the council 

Of course i have told him and one thing is for sure if he did get a smack in the mouth he would be running streight to the police like i said the tree is still standing and its fekin staying that way.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

He will need council approval and if there is a TPO on it he will get a canny fine .

Think it's 5k for a branch and 25k for a tree ?

The fine is up to 20 000 for removal of branches and damage or unlimited in a total removal but has to go crown court for that 

18 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

He will need council approval and if there is a TPO on it he will get a canny fine .

Think it's 5k for a branch and 25k for a tree ?

Think I will have to get onto the council . The tree is still standing they turned up and stayed a wile then went and it weren't a proper tree surgeon just his mate with a chainsaw .

16 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Think I will have to get onto the council . The tree is still standing they turned up and stayed a wile then went and it weren't a proper tree surgeon just his mate with a chainsaw .

They will need a licence to even prume it and it has to be carried out by a fully insured qualified tree surgeon who I think has to do a report when they apply for a licence which normally takes a few months and there are few different types of tpos so it might be worth finding out are you in a conservation area 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Hate to see mature trees felled when healthy just because they shed a few leaves come Autumn ect

We as a family try plant as many as we can every year hoping a handful will make it to maturity .

We currently have around 30 Horse Chestnuts in pots.

Hooefully they come and we can plant them out next Cctober.

The way chestnuts are dying off around here with canker I'd plant something else mate. Not ash either due to the ash die back disease. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, samuria said:

Sent them an email this morning to apply for a protection order on it .The arsehole next door has only been in the house 12 month were he lived in a maisonett in a shitty part of Sheffield with no garden were i have lived here 35 year.

20 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Sent them an email this morning to apply for a protection order on it .The arsehole next door has only been in the house 12 month were he lived in a maisonett in a shitty part of Sheffield with no garden were i have lived here 35 year.

I no everybody is different and life is different than when I was a young man, but must say if someone moved in next to me and tried to cut my tree down I would have probably just gone and told him not to, usually followed with a smack in the mouth if he got  mouthy it’s how things were done, so have you even told the bloke it’s your tree and you would rather he didn’t touch it ? 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I no everybody is different and life is different than when I was a young man, but must say if someone moved in next to me and tried to cut my tree down I would have probably just gone and told him not to, usually followed with a smack in the mouth if he got  mouthy it’s how things were done, so have you even told the bloke it’s your tree and you would rather he didn’t touch it ? 

Of course i have told him and one thing is for sure if he did get a smack in the mouth he would be running streight to the police like i said the tree is still standing and its fekin staying that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, gnipper said:

The way chestnuts are dying off around here with canker I'd plant something else mate. Not ash either due to the ash die back disease. 

yeh our little beautiful village church ...they had to cut down two huge old chestnuts about 5 year back....they were absolute monsters must of been hundreds of years old....i got talking to the guys doing the felling and they were telling me about some  disease they had....

On 15/11/2020 at 12:20, tatsblisters said:

The idiot neighbour next door has just popped his head over the fence to say some one was coming to cut down the large sycamore tree at the top of the garden half of witch is on the deeds has been half mine . Were do i stand if i don't want it cutting down.

Nice  of him to let you know.,  all you got to do is be alert for activity where some bloke arrives with a chainsaw.!  Ten minutes and it will be down.

22 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

This tree is causing no harm and is at the top of the garden and is a welcome sight as an indication of different seasons and a veriaty of birds visit it its a mood lifter on this shitty council estate i live and his excuse is about picking leaf's up.

are these council or private properties.?

20 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Think it's going to end in tears he is part of a trio on the street who have rubbed a few up the wrong road. 

Bloody neighbours.  I'd inform him that you don't want the tree cutting down and that you have been on to the council about it and that you are seeking legal advice.  Even if you are mistaken about the legal advice, it might stall him out for a while.  The long term issue is if he poisons the tree or something. Take pictures. 

19 hours ago, Blackmag said:

They will need a licence to even prume it and it has to be carried out by a fully insured qualified tree surgeon who I think has to do a report when they apply for a licence which normally takes a few months and there are few different types of tpos so it might be worth finding out are you in a conservation area 

When you say "licence" what do you mean? Because anyone can prune a tree or chop one down for that matter. Different on TPO's