Modern sayings

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate the way a lot of youngsters talk in a sort of Jamaican patois , kids who’s parents I know are white and live in Gloucester with a West Country accent , but the kids are trying to sound like the

you know shat really annoys me these days....coffee... now I like the odd cup....but everybody has to have a takeaway cup in there hand at all times...drives me nuts .. last Christmas..nativ

Anyone who users these new saying like " I got this" need lining up and shooting    Happy Sunday 

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I love the idea of calling people 'sir' in a respectful gentlemanly intent. Same as saying 'Mr Smith' or whatever until told to refer to a person by their first name. Folks in service professions just do it naturally. It's just so alien to me it'd come off disrespectful. Makes me feel a bit awkward when in that sort of environment tbh.

One unrelated thing is that I think Police should call everyone “sir” or “Madam” in almost every situation barring life or death stuff of course.

I think it would restore the mental link to the phrase “public servant” 

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

One unrelated thing is that I think Police should call everyone “sir” or “Madam” in almost every situation barring life or death stuff of course.

I think it would restore the mental link to the phrase “public servant” 

Hate the word madam, it's the whore House owner

• Haha 1

One which I find very cringeworthy is when (mostly) women refer to their pet dog or cat as a "Fur Baby". Heard my wife talking to the dog the other evening and heard "mummy's little fur baby." 
I went straight into speak to her and asked if she is a fcuking retard or something.

"Why are you being so nasty?"

I replied "It's a six year old bull terrier weighing over 50 lbs, with defined musculature, a neck like Mike fcuking Tyson, with the ability to burst a football within 2 seconds... does that sound like it's a 'fur baby?" 

The last word "you're fcuking miserable" ?

4 hours ago, WILF said:

Depending on the situation I used to call strangers “sir” quiet a lot, especially older men.

If it turned into a more casual situation and it warranted it then the normal everyday “mate” is what I used.

Older travelling men I call “Uncle” if we meet and I don’t know them.

Ive always thought that how you address old people is important and shows something of yourself i hate to see a lad in his 20's address an old boy in his 70' as " mate " it grates on me......older chaps i dont know i,ll address as " sir " then if and when we become friendly it will become " pops "......just a personal thing ?.....older ladies i'll address as " my dear " then once familiar it'll become " sweetheart,luv,treacle " etc etc.

Its an odd one though because if a young lad calls me " sir " i f****n hate it thinking oi im not that old yet ?....but we're all different i suppose.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Screws are 'boss' up here .

" Boss " down here would just be an every day mush you're not familiar with......the Poles call just about everyone boss ?

" You like the inside vacuumed boss ? "

" No it,ll be staying locked thanks "

" No problem boss "

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I love the idea of calling people 'sir' in a respectful gentlemanly intent. Same as saying 'Mr Smith' or whatever until told to refer to a person by their first name. Folks in service professions just do it naturally. It's just so alien to me it'd come off disrespectful. Makes me feel a bit awkward when in that sort of environment tbh.

As a kid we called all.our elderly neighbours Mr or Mrs Smith etc...

We knew no different, all my mates were the same on the estate to their neighbours...

I over use "mate" now to be honest, its a go to for me when I should be using names more..

1 hour ago, Mister Gain said:

One which I find very cringeworthy is when (mostly) women refer to their pet dog or cat as a "Fur Baby". Heard my wife talking to the dog the other evening and heard "mummy's little fur baby." 
I went straight into speak to her and asked if she is a fcuking retard or something.

"Why are you being so nasty?"

I replied "It's a six year old bull terrier weighing over 50 lbs, with defined musculature, a neck like Mike fcuking Tyson, with the ability to burst a football within 2 seconds... does that sound like it's a 'fur baby?" 

The last word "you're fcuking miserable" ?

'Your'e fcuking miserable' 

That's three words fella, yeah ?

Well, four, grammatically ?? ?

Edited by shaaark