I was in our local raw food shop few days ago and while I was there several customers were buying rabbit ears so I asked a staff member what all the fuss about and she said they clean a dog of worms ? And no need for any wormers other than lungworm prevention if you feed rabbit ears ?

and no I didn't buy some .?

• Haha 4

On 15/11/2020 at 03:35, Moocher71 said:

I was in our local raw food shop few days ago and while I was there several customers were buying rabbit ears so I asked a staff member what all the fuss about and she said they clean a dog of worms ? And no need for any wormers other than lungworm prevention if you feed rabbit ears ?

and no I didn't buy some .?

I just saw them for sale the other day over here,they wanted about 10 Oz dollars for about 8 of them lol,a side line of rabbit farming I think.I think dogs eating skins may clear out some worms but I wouldn't rely on it and not worm them.I found if you keep your dogs fed and wormed properly you don't get much problem with them.

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I just saw them for sale the other day over here,they wanted about 10 Oz dollars for about 8 of them lol,a side line of rabbit farming I think.I think dogs eating skins may clear out some worms but I wouldn't rely on it and not worm them.I found if you keep your dogs fed and wormed properly you don't get much problem with them.

Yes these farmed rabbits as they white ,I have herd all kinds of stuff to clear worms but never rabbit ears lol and all mine are wormed on regular basis and fed as good as I can afford "mostly raw " with handful of kibble .they was buying handfuls at £1 each but fools and there money easy departed lol 

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

Yes these farmed rabbits as they white ,I have herd all kinds of stuff to clear worms but never rabbit ears lol and all mine are wormed on regular basis and fed as good as I can afford "mostly raw " with handful of kibble .they was buying handfuls at £1 each but fools and there money easy departed lol 

A treat for dogs that never see game,at that money they will be breeding rabbits for ear size,lol.Wild rabbits go for $20 Oz at the supermarket,I can understand why as they are getting scarce here.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Are they dried like a pigs ear? Can’t still be soft an floppy surely? Where can I sell em in bulk ?

Yes they died out I think ,the manager asked me to supply rabbits etc but not for prices he wants to pay 1 pound a rabbit and he sells for £8 no chance .no rabbits local anyway and what we do get helps feeds the team.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 16/05/2021 at 21:23, Sinistre said:

They ARE used as a wormer and very effective I believe 

Thats what the fella in raw feed shop said to his customers, he told them no need for wormers as it clears them out and no need to worm a dog at all lol 

Never herd so much rubbish ,he even tells customers his feed ok to feed frozen if not got time to defrost it .crazy but some believe these kind of fools that just want your ££££ with no thought of your poor pooch getting sick because of his greed .