Covid and dog prices

26 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I was offered a day out beating a few pens before the birds went down for a keeper few yrs ago., with a member off here.. Pulled up into the yard and there's a massive herd of deer behind a high fence with electric wires... Gets out, say the hellos, and the Welsh jokes start?gets the old lurcher bitch out the back... First thing she does is off the back of the pick up.... Across the yard and  trys jumping over the fence?stupid dog had a proper shock ? and run and jumped straight back into the truck?I could of died? keeper found it funny mind????20160814_105014.jpg.690142a3e782f4b87c3aabc02ed5c721.jpg

One place used to go was a deer park and lot of the fallows was Mellys nearly jet black many a time my lurcher would be blamed for running through the drive by some short sighted feck when it was deer lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate bough a bullx from decent lines. First night out, it mullered the rabbit, swallowed it whole, then proceeded to the next county ?‍♂️???? When they fuuck off, they really do piss off ?

I couldn’t give two shits what folk choose to sell or buy pups from. What I do care about is all of the low life c***s stealing dogs to cash in on it! 

It does make me laugh a bit. . . I get that £1000 for a terrier or lurcher pup is madness. But what are they actually worth? Sure lots get gifted, but that doesn’t mean it has no value.    I do

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

was thinking of getting more chickens for laying for my kids they wanted some we were going to use them to till our veg patches but I couldn’t be bothered wi the red mite breeding feckers in the end with all the looking after them an up keep my kids would be interested for a bit then it’d end up me looking after them so bottled it I would like some more but just not the job of looking after them lol 

Haha that’s kids for you , if you do go for warrens they well tame and will lay constant for 3 years and usual trouble free

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I had some in the garden for my kids... Shit everywhere ?have you up at silly o'clock to let them out, attract f***ing rats?f****d them off back down the allotment in the end.... ?

I bet you had a great lawn the year after ? Lol. Is that photo mid wales mate ?

10 hours ago, darbo said:

The way things are going when my old dog goes i would need to take a loan out to get a pup in.

Think there are still a few genuine lads out there darbs more intrested in where there pups go and how they progress before thinking of makeing  a quick buck

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

Think there are still a few genuine lads out there darbs more intrested in where there pups go and how they progress before thinking of makeing  a quick buck

i hope so LM

4 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

It’s just a fad at the moment with this COVID they all gone dog mad the pounds will be overflowing when it’s all over

Im not so sure. I agree with the last bit to a point, but also I think that now these high prices have been seen, the general price of dogs will be higher going forwards, at least those advertised and sold to the general public. Lads will always keep working dogs within their own circles and make them available etc.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Im not so sure. I agree with the last bit to a point, but also I think that now these high prices have been seen, the general price of dogs will be higher going forwards, at least those advertised and sold to the general public. Lads will always keep working dogs within their own circles and make them available etc.

Look on here you’d think it would be easy getting a decent pup with all the people that work dogs an breed regularly there’s a few people sorting the odd person out but I recon people are less likely to gift them to strangers off here now or sell at working man prices  because of people buying to sell on at a gain I know you always get people on here saying if a dogs good the litter won’t need advertising but I’ve always had a question to that saying if a man keeps out the way and don’t advise the dogs trade an only runs a dog with a few close acquaintances in his running circle how does everyone else know the dogs good unless bummed up all over the internet or the owners talk to much no one knows the dog if they work the opposite side of the fence an keep there self to there self out the way they got to advertise I don’t think there dogs should be sold cheaper than someone breeding litters just to sell i think this lurcher games getting tricky now for any one who’s genuine do they set there selfs up to get tucked up do they sell at the new going rate do they cull I think the more genuine people who work there dogs who have little interest in financial gain from a litter are going to think twice about breeding on the type they keep I know us as hunting folk are supposed to be heartless but can’t see many blokes/lasses wanting to put to sleep pups out of a bitch they love enjoy working I personally think there be a few decent genuine lads/lasses jacking on dogs an not continuing on  

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, jessdale said:

If a person can pick up the phone and arrange to go and buy a pup from an advert is it really the best stock ? surely the best stuff is all pre booked ? 

true , but sometimes  a genuine  person, could have dog killed working etc, and of need of a dog, or a pup to bring on , and even in there own  mates, not got any litters there , so he have to look else where , and buy in from other poss  strangers .

• Like 1