Covid and dog prices

On 01/12/2020 at 19:54, Daniel cain said:

? Seen similar on a few occasions ? 

A mate bough a bullx from decent lines. First night out, it mullered the rabbit, swallowed it whole, then proceeded to the next county ?‍♂️????

On 01/12/2020 at 19:57, 3dumb said:

I'd be fecking gutted, regardless of the cost of the dog. 

I know recall work is important with running dogs but I didnt know they had the tendancy to just feck off ?‍♂️

When they fuuck off, they really do piss off ?

I've had mine fuuck off down the side of a ridge into a valley (pyrenees) completely blank me and chase a herd up the side of another mountain. A great big white streak in the distance. Luckily he does like me a little bit, so he decided to return after 30-40mins of me standing in a wind funnel 3000m up....... CNUT! ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate bough a bullx from decent lines. First night out, it mullered the rabbit, swallowed it whole, then proceeded to the next county ?‍♂️???? When they fuuck off, they really do piss off ?

I couldn’t give two shits what folk choose to sell or buy pups from. What I do care about is all of the low life c***s stealing dogs to cash in on it! 

It does make me laugh a bit. . . I get that £1000 for a terrier or lurcher pup is madness. But what are they actually worth? Sure lots get gifted, but that doesn’t mean it has no value.    I do

Posted Images

12 hours ago, mushroom said:

A mate bough a bullx from decent lines. First night out, it mullered the rabbit, swallowed it whole, then proceeded to the next county ?‍♂️????

When they fuuck off, they really do piss off ?

I've had mine fuuck off down the side of a ridge into a valley (pyrenees) completely blank me and chase a herd up the side of another mountain. A great big white streak in the distance. Luckily he does like me a little bit, so he decided to return after 30-40mins of me standing in a wind funnel 3000m up....... CNUT! ?

Get your self a location tracking collar mate so you know what distance he’s/she’s fecked off in good for retracing were the dogs been to see if anything has been dropped 

3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Get your self a location tracking collar mate so you know what distance he’s/she’s fecked off in good for retracing were the dogs been to see if anything has been dropped 

Him being white, it's easy to see blood on him lol. I even said to my mate at the time "if he comes back with blood on him, it's gonna be a long day" ?

Edited by mushroom
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

300 euros transport, 90 euros passport/vet fees for vaccines etc, plus 300 euros cost of pup for my current sapling, both parents very well bred well and tested Capote lines one side and Chapote lines the other.

only downside to that though sandy is you not seeing the liiter in person....it would be far more if you traveled in person...

that said provided there bred right and you have seen a few pics and vids of the pups....its the same gamble as picking one whilst your there

• Like 2
On 02/12/2020 at 17:30, poxon said:

Recall is important it doesn’t matter how well trained a dog is Though if it’s committed an wants on deer I’ve heard story’s of obedient dogs being taken the distance after deer an what running dog don’t fancy it’s chances on deer if one percents itself there’s not many runners who won’t try there luck

My lurcher wouldnt dare chase deer yet there’s no stopping the terriers the little feckers ?as for recall it’s the most important command and easiest learned if started early enough 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, TOMO said:

only downside to that though sandy is you not seeing the liiter in person....it would be far more if you traveled in person...

that said provided there bred right and you have seen a few pics and vids of the pups....its the same gamble as picking one whilst your there

True, a video isn't the same as hands on but can get a reasonable look at the ones on offer and in truth its the breeding I was after, Galgos throw Galgos after all ? . It was a level litter, she was the only one that stood out having a little extra white on the neck,  my 4 year old lad wanted to call her stripy so its Rayas.

The last one went south when Covid hit so had a rethink and went back even closer to the breeding of my old bitch again, decided against a male as planned and went for a bitch instead, on consideration i decided it was just easier to keep to one sex. So almost identical  to the old ones lines so hopefully will do as well as she did, I'll stick a post up across the road about her in a few weeks as well as an update on the two year olds progress.?

Edited by sandymere
35 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Don't I know it ???

If I could go back.... I'd choose the black and tan one lol

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

My lurcher wouldnt dare chase deer yet there’s no stopping the terriers the little feckers ?as for recall it’s the most important command and easiest learned if started early enough 

This first season un of mine she’s obedient an has a very good recall she’s stock broken the only thing she’s not stock broke to is chickens I’ve never had her round them an probably never will tbh . I really like this bitch she’s perfect for me in every way she’s driven an game an we’ve a very good bond with one another she’s my shadow the apple in my eye an all that ?but I’ve not got a hope in hell of calling her off deer,fox,hare or rabbits there on her list of quarry if they get up accidents will an have happened.but I guess it’s what you use the dog for I guess I can’t ask a dog to track shot deer when it suits me only or retrieve shot fox or the odd hare but when she’s mooching about only look for rabbits if there getting up in front of her it’s all fair game in her eyes she don’t care about no law. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, poxon said:

This first season un of mine she’s obedient an has a very good recall she’s stock broken the only thing she’s not stock broke to is chickens I’ve never had her round them an probably never will tbh . I really like this bitch she’s perfect for me in every way she’s driven an game an we’ve a very good bond with one another she’s my shadow the apple in my eye an all that ?but I’ve not got a hope in hell of calling her off deer,fox,hare or rabbits there on her list of quarry if they get up accidents will an have happened.but I guess it’s what you use the dog for I guess I can’t ask a dog to track shot deer when it suits me only or retrieve shot fox or the odd hare but when she’s mooching about only look for rabbits if there getting up in front of her it’s all fair game in her eyes she don’t care about no law. 

Tut tut it boils my piss when so.called dog men can't be bothered 2 sit there dogs down and read the hunting act 2 them ,I start mine off young just a paragraph at a time , mind u the collie x I had used read it 2 me 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, poxon said:

A couple places I go they make part there living from stalking hence deer are off bounds it’s just a matter of stock breaking same as with sheep , terriers think there fair game tho lol av to lead them up [BANNED TEXT] we in woods for a dig , it’s gona be strange one when I go to a mates place down south where muntys are that numerous there a pest and as common as the rabbits , never had problem with chooks as all the dogs av been brought up with them 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

A couple places I go they make part there living from stalking hence deer are off bounds it’s just a matter of stock breaking same as with sheep , terriers think there fair game tho lol av to lead them up [BANNED TEXT] we in woods for a dig , it’s gona be strange one when I go to a mates place down south where muntys are that numerous there a pest and as common as the rabbits , never had problem with chooks as all the dogs av been brought up with them 

I was offered a day out beating a few pens before the birds went down for a keeper few yrs ago., with a member off here.. Pulled up into the yard and there's a massive herd of deer behind a high fence with electric wires... Gets out, say the hellos, and the Welsh jokes start?gets the old lurcher bitch out the back... First thing she does is off the back of the pick up.... Across the yard and  trys jumping over the fence?stupid dog had a proper shock ? and run and jumped straight back into the truck?I could of died? keeper found it funny mind????20160814_105014.jpg.690142a3e782f4b87c3aabc02ed5c721.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
42 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

was thinking of getting more chickens for laying for my kids they wanted some we were going to use them to till our veg patches but I couldn’t be bothered wi the red mite breeding feckers in the end with all the looking after them an up keep my kids would be interested for a bit then it’d end up me looking after them so bottled it I would like some more but just not the job of looking after them lol 

Just now, poxon said:

was thinking of getting more chickens for laying for my kids they wanted some we were going to use them to till our veg patches but I couldn’t be bothered wi the red mite breeding feckers in the end with all the looking after them an up keep my kids would be interested for a bit then it’d end up me looking after them so bottled it I would like some more but just not the job of looking after them lol 

I had some in the garden for my kids... Shit everywhere ?have you up at silly o'clock to let them out, attract f***ing rats?f****d them off back down the allotment in the end.... ?

• Like 1