Covid and dog prices

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate bough a bullx from decent lines. First night out, it mullered the rabbit, swallowed it whole, then proceeded to the next county ?‍♂️???? When they fuuck off, they really do piss off ?

I couldn’t give two shits what folk choose to sell or buy pups from. What I do care about is all of the low life c***s stealing dogs to cash in on it! 

It does make me laugh a bit. . . I get that £1000 for a terrier or lurcher pup is madness. But what are they actually worth? Sure lots get gifted, but that doesn’t mean it has no value.    I do

Posted Images

Its been interesting having a read through this thread, especially as I'm guilty of being one of those covid buyers

My whippet x lurcher bitch was up for sale at 1k.. i argued the toss and took her home at £500. For me, I think that's good money whether or not another would have paid it.

I know its not the pennies that some have paid over the years, but (without sounding a twat) accounting for the fact everything suffers inflation and the fact dogs are seen mostly as commodities and not working aids, I class £500 as a decent spend in this day and age.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 3dumb said:

Its been interesting having a read through this thread, especially as I'm guilty of being one of those covid buyers

My whippet x lurcher bitch was up for sale at 1k.. i argued the toss and took her home at £500. For me, I think that's good money whether or not another would have paid it.

I know its not the pennies that some have paid over the years, but (without sounding a twat) accounting for the fact everything suffers inflation and the fact dogs are seen mostly as commodities and not working aids, I class £500 as a decent spend in this day and age.

£500 quid for a cross breed? ? 

with a full pedigree it might be worth it but for working dogs such as terriers nobody wants to pay high prices and find the dog turns out to be no good.

5 minutes ago, Hawk17 said:

£500 quid for a cross breed? ? 

with a full pedigree it might be worth it but for working dogs such as terriers nobody wants to pay high prices and find the dog turns out to be no good.

You could be gifted a dog from proper grafters and it not make f**k all.... Luck of the draw?

Last 2 I was gifted just made pets for the kids?I waited 4 yrs for a terrier bitch I bred to start going once... She settled and was sound, I loaned her to a pal who was short on dogs... And he lost her first time out ?

I've watched lads I know pay £500 for a dog to lamp.... And it's run off in to the distance on the first slip, never to be seen again ? the joys of working dogs pal?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, king said:

£50 a year for 10 years..I would say that's a bargain...I would rather see a lad spend £500 on a dog than spend it in the pub and on drugs...

That's basically how I see it bud. 

For me £50 a year is fair money to have a best mate by my side that keeps me outta trouble and gives me something more to focus on other than mesen.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

That's basically how I see it bud. 

For me £50 a year is fair money to have a best mate by my side that keeps me outta trouble and gives me something more to focus on other than mesen.

Walking along the hedgerow at midnight wind and rain howling.dog keen to run.no better place to be mate..

2 hours ago, fred90 said:

long gone are the days when a mongrel was near worthless and kc was king. 

Call a mongral a fancy silly name and it’s worth mega bucks , even vets av joined in have you noticed there prices av shot up , they only want insured dogs so they can rip off even more cash fiddling the insurance company’s ? Watever happened to animal welfare first ? You never see a vet on a bike

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, king said:

Walking along the hedgerow at midnight wind and rain howling.dog keen to run.no better place to be mate..

I cant wait if I'm honest. Not gonna wish away her puppy months, but taking her out for a wander across some acres in the dead of night, cannae come sooner!

12 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

enjoy your dog mate

Thanks buddy :)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

You could be gifted a dog from proper grafters and it not make f**k all.... Luck of the draw?

Last 2 I was gifted just made pets for the kids?I waited 4 yrs for a terrier bitch I bred to start going once... She settled and was sound, I loaned her to a pal who was short on dogs... And he lost her first time out ?

I've watched lads I know pay £500 for a dog to lamp.... And it's run off in to the distance on the first slip, never to be seen again ? the joys of working dogs pal?

happened to us years ago we were running katchums uncles big saluki x first morning out i slipped it on a hare...hare went one way the dog went the other way.....wasnt seen again for about 4 months strange thing is one of the guys mates found the dog on the old kilpatrick hills haha

• Haha 1