Covid and dog prices

22 minutes ago, mushroom said:

A lot ? (only messing Sandy)

Ones I've seen have fire but they are still snipey nosed, whining cnuts ?

I have loads near me, rescues, ex runners etc... Dickhead always seems to leave them standing but they rarely give up trying to catch him.

Feck I need to slow this one down a bit lol

IMG_20201107_120543.jpg.34a76c3873ab1cbd3c91d863a12c7e0f.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate bough a bullx from decent lines. First night out, it mullered the rabbit, swallowed it whole, then proceeded to the next county ?‍♂️???? When they fuuck off, they really do piss off ?

I couldn’t give two shits what folk choose to sell or buy pups from. What I do care about is all of the low life c***s stealing dogs to cash in on it! 

It does make me laugh a bit. . . I get that £1000 for a terrier or lurcher pup is madness. But what are they actually worth? Sure lots get gifted, but that doesn’t mean it has no value.    I do

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sandymere said:

Feck I need to slow this one down a bit lol

IMG_20201107_120543.jpg.34a76c3873ab1cbd3c91d863a12c7e0f.jpg

Tbh I think it's his running style that has them. He explodes from a standstill and turns on a penny 2" from fuucking trees ? I'm supposing with the rescues, most are used to open ground, so rarely full sprint around a park due to lack of confidence/experience or maybe it's a simple as they don't have that turbo start like he does. How quick are yours off the mark? I'd say dickhead can reach near his top speed in less than 10m.

2 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Was just wondering because going by your posts I thought you were a big fan of them so surprised me you’d want to change them so much by putting a coursing dog on them ?

Lol don't recon on being breed blind and very aware of the relevance of both available gene pool and of the existence of quality in British dogs. 

• Like 1

just got back in from dog walk, met 2 nice blokes with  g/w/p  pup  only 3 1/2 months old , was walking through small wood , with my 3. they seen Buck and held there young pup told them he wont hurt dogs or people, they were ok after. got talking about there pup, he was nice and steady and quite biddable  for young pup, i asked will it be worked bloke he norm does few clays, but might do the odd bit of picking up if when he older, i asked what he pay for him, said £ 1600 quid we spoke how prices have gone through the roof, even lurchers are fetching £ 300-500 quid, told him Buck cost nothing, but gave the lad £ 40 quid for his 2 kids, old bryn   same thing nothing but gave the lad £ 40 quid for his kids, this was 13 years ago bryn , 8 years ago Buck, seems a fookin  different world now .:(

16 hours ago, mushroom said:

Tbh I think it's his running style that has them. He explodes from a standstill and turns on a penny 2" from fuucking trees ? I'm supposing with the rescues, most are used to open ground, so rarely full sprint around a park due to lack of confidence/experience or maybe it's a simple as they don't have that turbo start like he does. How quick are yours off the mark? I'd say dickhead can reach near his top speed in less than 10m.

Not bad off the mark, not a whippet but reasonable. They cover a lot of ground when stretched out so have a reasonable top speed and then stay. Plenty enough for the job, the 2yr old is still a bit full on, needing to use her gears a bit more but getting there. They race Galgos and hybrids over there which might be a way to get involved and see how yours compares. ?

IMG_20201113_145515.jpg.821d32bb1654a8ec2e1b67bd7768d821.jpg

• Like 3
On 12/11/2020 at 12:55, poxon said:

Think if I was to ever breed again an sell surplus I’d ask maybe £350 a pup id give close friends pups for free if they wanted one no problem but wouldn’t give them to people I don’t know in this game I’ve been there done that to many wankers in this game that paint a picture of being good honest dog people that turn out to be horrible scumbags or only in for a pup to profit out of it

To right ,maybe why I’ve hesitated to breed for so long , last litter of lurchers I did started of great first few went free to friends that was already planned , 2 were sold which left one broken coated blue brindle dog which I let go at knock down price as I was assured good working home etc etc poor fecker was past around here there and everywhere like you say scumbags , I’d sooner cull than let that happen again . No doubt when this expensive must av dog craze is over the pound will be overflowing ,

• Like 3

I look through all these hunting/shooting forums and Facebook pages looking at everything in general but pup adverts especially. In general adverts on THL seem to be normal prices.  It is amazing that lads on here will advertise on other forums, at these crazy prices, but not advertise on here ? Isn’t that strange???

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, jessdale said:

I look through all these hunting/shooting forums and Facebook pages looking at everything in general but pup adverts especially. In general adverts on THL seem to be normal prices.  It is amazing that lads on here will advertise on other forums, at these crazy prices, but not advertise on here ? Isn’t that strange???

Give us the names?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jessdale said:

That’s because they are sharpe there crabbing others but see the opportunity to make there money and won’t admit it.Makes ya laugh really 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1