It ain't all bad..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes it's the simple things in life.... Out with my lad and my godson on Sunday to clear a few rabbits, sun was out and we were happy...no talk of covid, Trump, Johnson or ....Sunderland...?

Looks a nice product now I think...

Mate you more than most are in my mind when I have a moan...I've f**k  to whinge about really...... looked a nice walk mate, and more importantly all good at home...??

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I been out with the dogs knowing all is well back at home , carparks all shut had place to myself, was heaven. 

Pie looks banging ?

IMG_20201110_121306406_HDR.jpg

Mate you more than most are in my mind when I have a moan...I've f**k  to whinge about really...... looked a nice walk mate, and more importantly all good at home...??

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I read this today and then I watched old Hugh at River Cottage on the telly cooking rabbit and thought “blimey, I don’t half miss the humble rabbit” 

I love my little part of Ireland but one of the few terrible things about it is the complete lack of wild game.

It was a massive disappointment to me when I moved over, it just never even entered my head that a place as rural and wild as this wouldn’t have any game to hunt at all.

• Like 3

Like most of us on here, I've hunted rabbits since I was very very young...I still enjoy it just the same now... I don't eat it half as much as I should though, the ferrets and dogs get the majority of it... enjoyed making the pies as well...

• Like 1

I was out tonight with my mates Russell and beddy whip we got 3 bunnys on my perm which holds a good few but it did take me back to my child hood what a great night not the numbers but watching a Russell brash and  yap after its bunny and runner outside waiting to pounce 

11 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Like most of us on here, I've hunted rabbits since I was very very young...I still enjoy it just the same now... I don't eat it half as much as I should though, the ferrets and dogs get the majority of it... enjoyed making the pies as well...

Check out that recipe I watched Hugh cook tonight mate, done with pork belly.....looked absolutely amazing.

River Cottage Winters Here was the programme mate 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

I was out tonight with my mates Russell and beddy whip we got 3 bunnys on my perm which holds a good few but it did take me back to my child hood what a great night not the numbers but watching a Russell brash and  yap after its bunny and runner outside waiting to pounce 

Love that type of hunting mate, like you say its not about numbers, great watching the dogs work together....

• Like 1
Just now, WILF said:

Check out that recipe I watched Hugh cook tonight mate, done with pork belly.....looked absolutely amazing.

Will do mate, I've got a couple of his cook books here...his Fish book is brilliant...

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Love that type of hunting mate, like you say its not about numbers, great watching the dogs work together....

I agree buddy not interested in numbers anymore I have had that perm since 81 my old man had it since 76 I remember first timeI went on him telling me if he caught me running any hares on purpose he would paste.me all over and that rule still stands with the farmers  son today   but tonight what a change and how great it felt just felt like  going back years like when I was kid really enjoyed it 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Have you seen the couple when he takes cattle and lambs to a abattoir. I’m in em.

• Like 1

Nice thread mate and good to get away from depressing subjects too .Rabbits went from plenty to zero just  this month with no sign of mixy .RHD I fear again .I had a place set aside for a decent ferrretting trip but all buries dry ☹️
We went years with hardly a rabbit about then started seeing them and numbers build to now back to square one .

As a kid the hedges were lifting here .All my present permission was based on the humble rabbit .

• Like 2
9 hours ago, WILF said:

I read this today and then I watched old Hugh at River Cottage on the telly cooking rabbit and thought “blimey, I don’t half miss the humble rabbit” 

I love my little part of Ireland but one of the few terrible things about it is the complete lack of wild game.

It was a massive disappointment to me when I moved over, it just never even entered my head that a place as rural and wild as this wouldn’t have any game to hunt at all.

Same. On the rabbit front. My sport's moved in the direction I wanted it to and dreamt of as a kid but I do miss mornings/days out with the ferrets and a couple of mates. It's strange but a good morning ferreting is up there with the best sport to offer.

I'd love to have a couple more just for casual mornings out with a shotgun, spaniel and few mates but they just ain't worth keeping for what rabbits are about.

Annnnnnd I've just realised that I'm now old enough to reminisce of times past! :icon_eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Sometimes it's the simple things in life....

Out with my lad and my godson on Sunday to clear a few rabbits, sun was out and we were happy...no talk of covid, Trump, Johnson or ....Sunderland...?

Results in a nice home made rabbit pie for tea....

Time to get out of the doom and gloom..

Was a similar story for me but duck flighting on a lake. While we are out doing these things the rest of the world doesn't exist. :thumbs:

PS rubbed them with oil and salt and roasted on a bed of sprouts and leaks. ?

• Like 1

It goes back to the £500 a day mate we talked about, if something so minimalist as a day out with close friends or family,dogs and ferrets can bring so much pleasure why do we spend our life in misery  pursuing a load of shite that we don’t really need, was told as a lad that a man is wealthy in the things he can live without, never understood it for years, but the Kev has summed it up with this post ✌️✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1