less then 1 hour in the field

Guest markbrick1

regardless of whether mark is telling the truth, stretching the truth or even making up blatent lies, i will give him this,,,,,...he is passionate about the working lurcher and enjoys his sport, so fair play to mark in that respect :thumbs:

but as a fan of saluki bred dogs, i think mark is underestimating what these dogs can do, will do and have been doing.....especially on big open land :thumbs:,..

also regarding the racing of lurchers,...unless its after live game ive never bothered, never shown no intrest in the lure. and neither have any of mine or my mates dogs, (working lurchers)....and after 'witnessing' a couple of these events at some shows afew years ago i never saw one lurcher really try to catch the lure, it seemed more like a frolic in the park with afew doggy friends letting off steam...

but its a different kettle of fish when my mates that run racing bred grews, bring there dogs out for 'abit of playtime' .......these dogs are seriously fast and as game and keen as a banty cock,...and no disrespect to mark or his dogs,...but i find it very hard to belive that your lurchers can compete at this level,.....

and if they can compete against....or even 'take part' against saluki bred dogs on the fens etc ,...then i will be very amazed,...

but mark knows his dogs and what they can or cant do, so who am i to say they cant compete against racing bred whippet/greys or kill big rabbits with the saluki bred dogs...

and another thing i will say about marks posts, is....i always read them if he has posted as, whether its fact or fiction they certainly are intresting :thumbs: and i enjoy the posts

aslong as a mans dogs are doing what he expects and he is enjoying working his dogs then thats all that matters in my eyes,.....

but mark its a good job i run my dogs inbetween durham and the scottish borders and not cornwall as you would have no rabbits left because i have the fastest rough coated lurcher :tongue2::D

hopefully everyone will keep working them dogs,..as thats what its about :thumbs:

valentino

Edited by valentino

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right......im not sayin the dogs are to unfit to catch a rabbit or 2........You go on like your out every night......even if you was out 3 times a week them dogs would look a lot fitter........Fair enuff every dogs different......maybe they don't all rip out.....every dog iv seen run [bANNED TEXT] fit looks ripped......bit of a coincidence isnt it that every dog you have ever posted a pic of looks to me soft and unfit.......Going out and running and catching 30 rabbits is not to be takein lightly......doing this regular will result in fit ripped out looking dogs......say what you want mark but i will never believe that them dogs are doing that in time and as often as you say.......not unless i seen it for my self.....Good luck on the fens your going to need it with them little dogs......This time of year on the fens them dogs are gona be pin pricks in the distance........not only are them dogs not bred for the job there not in condition......And read what im posting where the f**k did i say a dog needs ''RIPPLES'' to catch rabbits......im saying they would be ripped as a result of being out so often getting worked so hard.......iv got a little retired bitch.......she looks fitter than any of the dogs you have posted and she only leaves the kennels 2-3 times a week for the odd half an hour road walk..

Witton

Right......im not sayin the dogs are to unfit to catch a rabbit or 2........You go on like your out every night......even if you was out 3 times a week them dogs would look a lot fitter........Fair enuff every dogs different......maybe they don't all rip out.....every dog iv seen run [bANNED TEXT] fit looks ripped......bit of a coincidence isnt it that every dog you have ever posted a pic of looks to me soft and unfit.......Going out and running and catching 30 rabbits is not to be takein lightly......doing this regular will result in fit ripped out looking dogs......say what you want mark but i will never believe that them dogs are doing that in time and as often as you say.......not unless i seen it for my self.....Good luck on the fens your going to need it with them little dogs......This time of year on the fens them dogs are gona be pin pricks in the distance........not only are them dogs not bred for the job there not in condition......And read what im posting where the f**k did i say a dog needs ''RIPPLES'' to catch rabbits......im saying they would be ripped as a result of being out so often getting worked so hard.......iv got a little retired bitch.......she looks fitter than any of the dogs you have posted and she only leaves the kennels 2-3 times a week for the odd half an hour road walk..

Witton

;)
Guest markbrick1

Witton

honestly you are one daft fecker :yes::yes: the dogs live on a 70 acre farm they run at the side of the landrover 3 miles every day, lamp most nights, and ive told you there fit :yes::yes: i wouldnt risk the dogs not one bit, and i wouldnt be stickin them rabbits in front of them and them catching that many january rabbits if they were unfit :no: one thing i dont do is lie,BRAG yes winde up yes lie no :no::no:

post-1343-1200246217_thumb.jpg

Guest markbrick1
Look at some of these working collies that are on the hill , day in day out...are they fit? ..do they looked ripped as people call it?

Dogs come in a great many shapes and sizes.....

witton....you talk shite mate

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Lamps

Guest markbrick1

Witton

greyhounds and whippets always look ripped :yes::yes: why do we not use these in the field :hmm: why did the lurcher come along :notworthy: why was it always the collie x back in them days covered in fur and its phsique all unexposed :hmm: witton you talke shite