Seconds.minutes.hrs.days.

3 hours ago, jetro said:

Keeping with the spirals and fossils.

An Argonaut, one of the oldest animals on earth.

2 hours ago, king said:

Ive never even heard of 1 of them mate.odd looking thing ?

4 hours ago, king said:

Quite fascinating fossils are I think.

My brother, Jason, finds them so fascinating, he fukking married one.

Probably end his days coming home from work to wipe its arse and spoon feed the the fukking thing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They had too much time on their hands.  

Once went to a masonic lecture on sacred geometry. Really interesting and it only touched the surface.  Some ancient chap worked out a ratio that made things appealing to the eye. Fibonochi I thi

let me explain....... so the fella king.....was just sat around thinking about life and shit......when the thought occured to him....who was the first mush to think about Time.... so some ca

Posted Images

8 hours ago, king said:

What's AL stand for mate.

It is mad.so my thinking is that if the coal is 200ft below the surface.then surely the rock above must of formed from airborne dust which has taken 100's millions of years to land and be compressed by even more dust etc.and the weight turned it into solid rock.

It's crazy sitting down the hole and looking at all the seams of solid rock above the coal seam.and not just 1 coal seam there could be 3 or 4 etc...of varying thicknesses..

Anno lucis. 

Year of light. Beyond that I ain't got a clue. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, king said:

What's AL stand for mate.

It is mad.so my thinking is that if the coal is 200ft below the surface.then surely the rock above must of formed from airborne dust which has taken 100's millions of years to land and be compressed by even more dust etc.and the weight turned it into solid rock.

It's crazy sitting down the hole and looking at all the seams of solid rock above the coal seam.and not just 1 coal seam there could be 3 or 4 etc...of varying thicknesses..

i dont think thats the exact process king....the rock above the coal ...i think theres many ways it can get there....volcanic action mooving rock up from underneath and folding it over ...or molten rock just setteling on top....and the movement of plates causeing earth quakes ect...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i dont think thats the exact process king....the rock above the coal ...i think theres many ways it can get there....volcanic action mooving rock up from underneath and folding it over ...or molten rock just setteling on top....and the movement of plates causeing earth quakes ect...

I think it is mostly soil deposits though. But we're talking over millions of years. The face of the Earth completely changes over these periods causing the different layers/beds.

32 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I don't think the rock could move up mate as the coal seams are flat even layers.the rock seams are in even flat layers aswell.

When you look at the rock face you can see a few brownish coloured layers aswell varying in thickness between the Rock seams.

I don't know I'm just guessing to be honest.ot is a head scratcher though ?

A good pic of seams here.i can't understand how the rock layers have formed without damaging the coal seams.it looks so perfectly formed..they say coal seams were old peat bogs or jungle floor etc.

So the bottom of the pic was bog or jungle then a layer of rock.and the process repeats in short time compared to higher up the face.

Were there's larger coal seams and rock seams.i don't know..

seams-of-coal-bob-lynn.jpg.e1e996f46389eee95b3f793d9f2b7633.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, king said:

A good pic of seams here.i can't understand how the rock layers have formed without damaging the coal seams.it looks so perfectly formed..they say coal seams were old peat bogs or jungle floor etc.

So the bottom of the pic was bog or jungle then a layer of rock.and the process repeats in short time compared to higher up the face.

Were there's larger coal seams and rock seams.i don't know..

seams-of-coal-bob-lynn.jpg.e1e996f46389eee95b3f793d9f2b7633.jpg

That's exactly what it is and each coal seam will be named after the time period that the organic matter was from. :good:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's exactly what it is and each coal seam will be named after the time period that the organic matter was from. :good:

Spot on.but how did the rock form that's what I can't get my head around..

The forest or bog must of been covered or died at some point.then the rock appeared and covered it.then the process started again bog or forest formed again.

And the same cycle over and over..

Even the forest on top of the face if left to nature could become a coal seam millions of years in the future..

11 minutes ago, king said:

Spot on.but how did the rock form that's what I can't get my head around..

"Sedimentary transport and deposition" over millions of years. Seas would likely have come and gone in that time and they deposit huge quantities of sediment. Hell, even my garden has all but eaten up an old patio with soil and grass!

• Like 1

tectonic plates move or  climate changes so seas rise and fall, a boggy wetland can survive for a few thousand years forming peat to many feet deep then as the seas rise it gets flooded and the peat gets covered in silt, this gets repeated over thousands of years then as the layer build the lower one get crushed and form rock......

IMG_20201109_114724.jpg.d81a84e4f611f91637a830a4be75fc67.jpg

IMG_20201109_114823.jpg.9e4efaaad2d66a02b3b1f32d224855f3.jpg

https://www.scienceworld.ca/stories/patterns-nature-where-spot-spirals/

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2

Yea that's got to be it born hunter and sandy.

It's the millions of years of time that throws the mind a bit I think.its hard to get your head around millions of years.and how the land can change..

• Like 1