Seconds.minutes.hrs.days.

I often think who actually worked all the times out.seconds.minutes.hrs.days.and 365 1/4 days a year.and 4 season's.

And how did they work it all out.was it a matter of a few people basically sitting down for years on end and watching how much daylight and darkness for every day.

And to think who ever worked it out got it spot on.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They had too much time on their hands.  

Once went to a masonic lecture on sacred geometry. Really interesting and it only touched the surface.  Some ancient chap worked out a ratio that made things appealing to the eye. Fibonochi I thi

let me explain....... so the fella king.....was just sat around thinking about life and shit......when the thought occured to him....who was the first mush to think about Time.... so some ca

Posted Images

I believe it was the Babylonians who used astronomical calculations using the sexagesimal system.  60,  as in minutes and seconds is a convenient number because it is the smallest number divisible by the first six counting numbers.

Moon phases and time tides, ( moon controls the tides) is another head scratcher.

1 minute ago, ArchieHood said:

I believe it was the Babylonians who used astronomical calculations using the sexagesimal system, 60,  as in minutes and seconds is a convenient number because it is the smallest number divisible by the first six counting numbers.

Moon phases and time tides, ( moon controls the tides) is another head scratcher.

I've never heard of the sexagesimal system before.some very clever people then them babylonians.

Just think when they are looking at the stars on a clear night.what are they actually working out the movement surely.but how can they work time out by watching that.surely there must of been weeks when the cloud stopped them observing the stars..

It's a right mind bender really..

3 minutes ago, jetro said:

I was thinking of something similar today, about iron.

What made the first person think about digging out ore, and smelting it into iron.

One of the greatest achievements of mankind imo 

Atb j 

It is definitely up there mate.

I think of that aswell.just have a sit down with a good view and the land you see wether woods or field or mountain.man has used to make everything we have.like you said working out there's metal in the ground.

Then making what we have now.cars/ planes/ electric.well everything.some genius people about today and in the past...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ArchieHood said:

After fire......

Maybe that's why everyone who sits around a camp fire and stares into feels a weird connection.i definitely can.it must be ingrained from the cave men or something..

• Like 3

Once went to a masonic lecture on sacred geometry. Really interesting and it only touched the surface. 

Some ancient chap worked out a ratio that made things appealing to the eye. Fibonochi I think he was called. When you use this ratio in building it just makes the building pleasing to the eye. Anyway when the same ratio is applied to a spiral it creates the Fibonochi spiral. Amazingly so much of nature creates itself around this same ratio of design, even though there is no reason for it to do so. Even a black hole in space forms using this ratio, even though there is no gravity or atmosphere that should apply forces it still uses the same sacred ratio. 

Amazingly all the truly ancient builders used the same ratio. We are nearer to the date of Jesus's birth than the ancient Egyptians were....yet they were using this ancient and sacred natural ratio in their buildings, a ratio worked out to fractions of a decimal point. 

nautilusblgold350.jpg

sg_galaxy1.jpg

vitruvianmanfibon.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 4
5 minutes ago, king said:

Maybe that's why everyone who sits around a camp fire and stares into feels a weird connection.i definitely can.it must be ingrained from the cave men or something..

It's getting back to nature,

Atb j 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Once went to a masonic lecture on sacred geometry. Really interesting and it only touched the surface. 

Some ancient chap worked out a ratio that made things appealing to the eye. Fibonochi I think he was called. When you use this ratio in building it just makes the building pleasing to the eye. Anyway when the same ratio is applied to a spiral it creates the Fibonochi spiral. Amazingly so much of nature creates itself around this same ratio of design, even though there is no reason for it to do so. Even a black hole in space forms using this ratio, even though there is no gravity or atmosphere that should apply forces it still uses the same sacred ratio. 

Amazingly all the truly ancient builders used the same ratio. We are nearer to the date of Jesus's birth than the ancient Egyptians were....yet they were using this ancient and sacred natural ratio in their buildings, a ratio worked out to fractions of a decimal point. 

nautilusblgold350.jpg

sg_galaxy1.jpg

vitruvianmanfibon.jpg

Have they any theories why the spiral design is so numerous in nature..

3 minutes ago, king said:

Have they any theories why the spiral design is so numerous in nature..

Not a clue to be honest. I guess it's one of those things that curious men have discussed for centuries. Do these things suggest an intelligent design?