New lamping video

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last 3 comments are why nobody posts anything decent on forums or sites anymore. What’s the point just so it can get picked apart by all the experts

Morton. You’re a massive insufferable bellend. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hunting post from you.....

the way I see it a rabbit is a rabbit no matter where it lives you still have to catch it. around me numbers have been bad for years. (tomo knows the area). years ago I had bigger dogs and travelled a

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’ll be honest an say I never done it, tried a few times  an come close with couple dogs that knew the rabbit game, it’s certainly ain’t easy, even on the tops, iv took dogs up there there were meant to know score an yet with so many rabbits an scent about they lost the plot an couldn’t contain themselves or burnt out quickly, know a few lads that have come up an had shit nights an lads that have come up an hit lucky, it’s not as black an white an most think, bit you know that ?

getting the ton is not easy everything has to be on your side....the logistics as well can be hard....all the drop offs and humping bunnies is hard graft

• Like 3

Had a good few nights lamping rabbits on the dales, yes that are easier than rabbits on flatter land but still takes a good dog to run all night run after run and I mean run catch retrive turn round and do it again non stop. 

I have done some serious amount of rabbits up there just never hit the 100 mark and that has not been down to dogs more down to time or lack of rabbits. 

I used to do the same spot low down near a river and had a few dogs run off the bank into water haha. 

20171015_043614.jpg.8ce2217841480f2f5c1171d36e9278db.jpg

The worst part is carrying them. I couldn't carry no more so turned around and away back to the car. 

Hands cramp up straps in yer lamping bag snap. 

You know when you plan a night to the dales your having a rough old walk back to the car or your doing a few runs back and forth to the car. 

Thr amount of times I have dropped piles of rabbits at gate ways and missed them on the way back home in the car asking ye pal did we pick that pile up from x y z. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

How's it need to be a miracle dales rabbits are easy very easy if you've never seen big numbers up the dales or don't believe it happens regular I think you need out the dog game 

Ha ha I was born into the dog game lurchers always been in family going long back and don’t really think putting grub on the table a game ,and no I never been on the dales or Yorkshire come to think of it , but on our patch rabbits don’t give up easy on small paddocks and cow fields

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

Ha ha I was born into the dog game lurchers always been in family going long back and don’t really think putting grub on the table a game ,and no I never been on the dales or Yorkshire come to think of it , but on our patch rabbits don’t give up easy on small paddocks and cow fields

Dont think the actully surrender every rabbits runs for there life hill grass can also be  hard to catch on 

1 hour ago, Loton Moocher said:

I've got the perm to get the numbers drop me a message if you've a dog or 2 to run ive only got a pup at the min still way too young to get out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 15/11/2020 at 21:25, morton said:

I don,t really care if I'm honest mucker,if I had attempted to state my case a little better I would have said that the most dedicated lurcher owners had an attitude that put them at odds with fellow owners.What I and many others strived to achieve with labour and sweat,many others attempted to achieve with the purchase of a ready made runner,when a few bred to become a tad better the majority bred to earn a crust.Again I'm not that bothered now but at times I find certain posts worth replying to,happy hunting.

Still a pretty silly statement. Unless you've met most lurcher owners of course. 

I do know that I've met some like the ones you described and to a man they were piss poor dog men.

Self praise is no praise is a truism imo.

• Like 2