Bottled Gas Table Top Ring Burners?

Anyone who's seen my 'Curry' thread will know where this is coming from. I've now sorted out my pot. Frying pan. Spoon. But, I've never yet broken the doubt that I only have an electric hot plate to play on.

Have you Ever watched a chef chucking a pan full of ingredients about, sizzling, over an Electric plate??? " Al's Kitchen " - my guiding light. He's Always thrashing ingredients about. Dropping the heat in a snap. Simmering at will. Always Over A Flame!

I've spent ungodly money, so far, buying the gear I want. What good, if I then stand there, watching shit go to rat shit, because I just can't Cook it right? I need a fukking flame! Heat I can dance with.

So, okay. Fukk it. I'll fill a bottle and stick it to a table top burner ring. Do shit right.

But; What's to know about such things, please? I have a lovely little 'Camping Gaz' one here, to make a cup of tea, in a power cut. But, what about proper, full time, domestic ones? Any advice, before I bury myself in fukking google and amazon for another week?

Cheers.

We've no piped gas here, so it's off a propane(red) bottle, butane(blue) freezes apparently, the gas hob came with a conversion kit, don't know if that's because of where we are, or standard but obviously can be done. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Gav. Yeah, I have a couple of - what I seem to remember are - propane bottles here. Used them in my 'Calor Gaz Heater', back when.

It's more the type, quality and sources of decent rings I'm thinking of. I mean, I knew a bloke who had a whole fukking Oven run on bottled gas. So, burners must be out there. I've only ever really seen the weekend wonder shit though.

And I Will dig like a demented badger too, to ensure what ever I buy isn't made in fukking china! That's me lifes last mission now.

• Like 1

buy a proper cooker, if you get new they normally come with the jets to run it on bottled gas, just make sure one of the burners is big, wok size, flamethrower grade, once you`ve used a decent gas cooker nothing else will do

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, neil82 said:

make sure one of the burners is big, wok size, flamethrower grade.

That's Exactly the sort of 'insider' shit I was teasing for! Thanks! Excellent!

These guys always Do have a flame virtually leaping out at them, don't they? Rather more than needed to heat a camp kettle.

I wonder if there's anything out there, made to provide that phoenix tester sort of jet?

Well spotted!

33 minutes ago, sid g said:

you after a cooker with an oven?  

No, Sid. Last thing I have room, or use, for.

I just want a ring (or two) I can fetch out from where ever. Put on my - limited - working counter top, for an hours active use. Then stick back where ever it lives.

• Like 1

Socks; Is that The Shit? Will it give me that 'Toss these ingredients around as I sweat and my eyebrows sizzle' sort of flame?

But, equally; Will it be usable inside? On a wooden table?

Thanks. I'm interested. And I figure you'd know your way around these things.

Sid; Thanks, again. That's exactly the sort of thing I envisaged, when I realised how lame I'd look, shaking and tilting my new frying pan over a solid, flat hot plate. Bit fukking sad, really.

Considered that sort? Hmm. Dunno. Just doesn't inspire that tee shirt clad, sweating, mushroom cloud dodging sort of scene. Does it?

Socks' thing makes me think of " The Move ", however.

I haven’t used that exact one but ones very similar and yes you will get plenty of flame from that and perfectly safe on a wooden top. Type the brand into YouTube and see if there’s a video of one. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sid g said:

when we did the antique fairs the mrs used to knock up a cooked breakfast and and bangers n smash with veg on that type of thing out the back of the van aswell ?

Yes and I’ve got one in the back of my truck. But the man wants a real humdinger of a flame. And that fukcing thing is about as much use as tits on a fish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuuuuuuuuukkk you guys!!!

I'd just Literally put one of these things in my amazon basket (Way smaller that Socks suggested. My frying pan's only 10". I'd burn my hands trying to get it near the monster he showed!)

But, now we see them lighting little rings of candles, in actual videos?

Can these fukkers flame up like the openings of hell - inside a ten inch ring? Or, was the bloke in the video just saying; '" This is how we do it. " Like, how we light a mates fag. But, we could turn the shit up and set fire to his face!

common mistake when frying any food is the pan is not hot enough, should be close to smoking, the idea is the food should NOT come into contact with the oil, it should float just above it, the moisture in the food boils off and that stops it coming into contact with it if you get food sticking it`s not up to temp and if you then buy a wok DO NOT GET A NON-STICK ONE, they are absolute shit, plain carbon steel, wash it, season it and then after every use bit of water and a brush, dry it off and give it a quick wipe down with a bit of oil, the blacker it ends up the better it will be,  food never sticks to mine (but the mrs is banned from going near it, too fond of washing up liquid)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:) Well, I've slept on it. Woke up to find I'm banned, from another forum, for daring to say I won't buy Chinese! That makes me a screaming, nazi fukking Racist, apparently! ? The Irony!!!

But, yes. Slept on it. Did my 'due diligence'. I'm now gagging to hit the button on This bad boy!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kemper-104988-Cast-Burner-Multi-Colour/dp/B00DU4MB28

Compact (Remember, my pan's only a ten incher). Heavy / Secure. Variable control. Two burners. Made In Italy!!! :D

Disavow me?

• Like 2