Shite hole uk??

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching it always leaves me with a bittersweet taste, on one hand you have this emotional ceremony to remember all those that have fallen and on the other hand you shake your head when you see warmon

My wife couldn't cope with our 2 autistic sons and had a mental breakdown 6 nearly 7 yrs ago so I had to give up work to be at home. I've said this on here before but lads like ginger beared and

I’ll be going later to a little church where a few years ago I carried a lad into with 5 other of his friends and sit on the bench outside and have a coffee as I remember how great of a lad he was .

Posted Images

19 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I find threads like this one disparaging the UK, and the other one that mocks supervisors and middle management a bit disheartening ! 

Are things REALLY that much worse than they were 10/20/30/40 years ago ?

During my lifetime we've had the end of WW2, rationing, mass unemployment, the miners strikes, the winter of discontent, etc.

If it wasn't for this damned Covid, I reckon right now wouldn't be a bad time to be British.

I spent most of my working life living and working abroad, and I know that British expertise is still greatly sort after and British qualifications are recognised throughout  the world !

I've been retired 17 years, live modestly in a nice suburb of a major city, and I'm happy with my lot , am I just lucky ?

Cheers.

No I wouldn't say lucky sounds like you just got on with what you did for a living and didn't put obsticales in your own way for nt doing it

• Like 1
20 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

I'm sure not all English lads stand about not helping mate

I'm also sure not all of them would,most of them but not all.We live in times now where the younger generation are spineless,they wander round like fecking sheep,no pride,no purpose and no fecking gonads.A few generations ago they stood up for themselves and British values,what are British values now?.Attempt to give English youth manual labour and look for graft and honesty from them,no fecking chance,they want the cake,the gravy and the leisure without earning it,its their god given right now to do feck all and reap the bounty.If there was to be a 3rd world war the health and safety would,nt let us go to war as its to risky and the folk called up would start crying when ordered to wash their own socks.

I'm 57, left school at 16 and I've never been out of work since. Rented a house then moved into a 50/50 rent,buy and ended up buying it all then the area was getting shit (weed was a form of currency) so now I've bought a bungalow in the suburbs and it's fcuking great. The moral is life's what you make it and if you're willing to work hard you can eventually get to where you want to be not forced to be.

• Like 7

Having grafted from the age of 18 on the railway I know full well age is nothing to do with it, there was just as many lazy old fuckers as there was youngsters. 

The difference I always found was that the lazy old fuckers were more sly at being so. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

I'm 57, left school at 16 and I've never been out of work since. Rented a house then moved into a 50/50 rent,buy and ended up buying it all then the area was getting shit (weed was a form of currency) so now I've bought a bungalow in the suburbs and it's fcuking great. The moral is life's what you make it and if you're willing to work hard you can eventually get to where you want to be not forced to be.

That's what id class as values some of us grew up in,fair play son,those values are lost on most now.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, morton said:

That's what id class as values some of us grew up in,fair play son,those values are lost on most now.

I've instilled those values in my kids too, not all youngsters are drug addicted gangster wannabes, one a chartered surveyor and the other one runs a childcare facility.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

I've instilled those values in my kids too, not all youngsters are drug addicted gangster wannabes, one a chartered surveyor and the other one runs a childcare facility.

I read a post in a tabloid,recently, about what they perceived to be pushy parents.They made their kids work for their pocket money and set them daily chores,the amount of folk that thought that child cruelty.Children are a barometer of their parents.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Greb147 said:

A typical teenager then. 

6 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Got a young lad with me now,18yrs old straight  out of 18yrs of bedroom x box games  asks the most stupid questions, was asleep standing up one morning last week,zero go in him walks like a 90yr man.terrible body,totally unfit.talks about zoombies from the computer most days,no girlfriend.

its not just teenagers   i,ve a 40 yr old bloke that works for me exactly the same

• Like 1

It is some of the parents fault,this lad with me,I asked him.(even though I knew the answer)as he ever cut the grass for his dad,walked the dog,washed the car,cut the hedge,cooked a meal,painted any rooms,well he looked at me like I was mental.basically mum still wipes his arse.comes to work dressesd in trakkies,hoody,trainers.not one part of him looks like he a worker.he was saying he would work harder if I payed him more.i said you don't get a pay rise for being shit.show me your graft,ill show you the folded.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Why didn’t you say , I’ll give you 9 quid an hour to come and lift it with me ?? 

I wear trackies all the time with white Nike’s and you should see the looks i get from people who have an iPhone 400 but kids go about in school clothes till 9 at night . 

:icon_eek:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, foxdropper said:

No it’s not Greb .A typical teenager is full of life not f****d from the night before watching the square box and playing with a consul .
Typical perception is in fact the minority in my experience .Expectations are what are lacking .Some no longer expect our children to achieve anything therefore don’t push them allowing them to slip into oblivion .Everyone i associate with has morals which rubs off on their kids .

As a teenager I wanted to drive, and shag lol having a job and a good work ethic made sure I could persue those goals, seen lots of useless b*****ds binned off but nowadays it seems to be they are the ones that get the jobs,

Cheers, D.

• Like 1