Shite hole uk??

6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

You'd only have to hand 100 or so and the message would be loud and clear 

What wouid you do ?

Go down the left wing lintel route of sending them on holiday and throwing every benefit going their way ?

No , it can’t be changed . 

society is structured around it . 
social media gave everyone a voice who perhaps shouldn’t have been heard . 
we celebrate mediocrity and the banal as part of our everyday lives , television shows , instagram , we are more interactive as ever in our lives . 
there is a need to out do each other..,

who’s the most savage ?

Who’s the most ripped?

Who’s got the best looking bird ?

Whose cars bigger ?

Whose living room looks like an Essex mansion despite living in a two up two down in Whitehaven ? 

whose kids are head to toe in river island for going to the park ? 

so it’s natural that the rise of a kardashian type or a Viking extra with layered haircuts and biblical tattoos is promulagated as the new normal. 

the very existence of beauty salons , nails bars , sun beds , hair dressers in every single tiny town supports this ideal. 

cocaine and the striving of an existential social media personality underpins all this . 

it drives people to living beyond their means and the uae of cocaine allows escapism from a life of 8-5 drudgery into a world of music festivals , Facebook likes and upmarket boutique bars . 

it ain’t right , but that money and that life supports all this shite around us . But for the majority , that’s the bar they want to reach . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching it always leaves me with a bittersweet taste, on one hand you have this emotional ceremony to remember all those that have fallen and on the other hand you shake your head when you see warmon

My wife couldn't cope with our 2 autistic sons and had a mental breakdown 6 nearly 7 yrs ago so I had to give up work to be at home. I've said this on here before but lads like ginger beared and

I’ll be going later to a little church where a few years ago I carried a lad into with 5 other of his friends and sit on the bench outside and have a coffee as I remember how great of a lad he was .

Posted Images

All this finger pointing is indicative of the blame game/poor victim culture we now live with....blaming drug dealers for the demise of a generation of people for f**k sake !!....take some responsibility for your own lives and your own childrens lives and you'll start seeing Mr Drug Dealer with no output....take pride in your own kind and your own communities,be responsible to your own and you,ll start seeing decent cooperative young people with the purpose and self worth to stand on their own two feet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

All entitled to an opinion, and I'm sure some lads wanted an adventure and to escape poverty or protect their country etc, but they found themselves being gassed and walked into German machine guns and if they ran or retreated they'd be shot by their own, that's what the Webley revolver was for, and if shell shocked by bombs etc were treated as cowards or whatever 750,,000 dead soldiers, 600,000 Brit and Irish civilian. I'd like to think I wasn't devaluing their effort it's more a dislike of the powers that be and have been...

I totally agree that the toll was terrible, those blokes got thrown into real horror and treated like shit by the country......not much changes huh ? 
But I think we are confusing their reasons for going from what happened after they went.

I don’t even think it was a sense of adventure of any of that, I like to think it’s just because that’s just what you did as a british man.

Nothing more and as boring as that and yet mighty and noble at the same time.

Its that very simple thing that no longer exists in the UK and we are poorer for it imho ?

22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

All this finger pointing is indicative of the blame game/poor victim culture we now live with....blaming drug dealers for the demise of a generation of people for f**k sake !!....take some responsibility for your own lives and your own childrens lives and you'll start seeing Mr Drug Dealer with no output....take pride in your own kind and your own communities,be responsible to your own and you,ll start seeing decent cooperative young people with the purpose and self worth to stand on their own two feet.

Spot on, I had a drug issue through my teens into early 20s and it would have been easy to blame the crowd I associated with or the dealers offering large amounts of tick but plenty of other lads didn't get into the mess I did. Why? Because they weren't the f***ing idiots that wanted to stick shit up their nose or throw pills down their throat ... I was! People need to have the courage of their convictions and accept that is their fault and either grow a back bone and say no or just accept they're weak

Edited by South hams hunter
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Watching it always leaves me with a bittersweet taste, on one hand you have this emotional ceremony to remember all those that have fallen and on the other hand you shake your head when you see warmongering criminals like Tony Blair attempting to win an Oscar..... 

• Like 8

I’ll be going later to a little church where a few years ago I carried a lad into with 5 other of his friends and sit on the bench outside and have a coffee as I remember how great of a lad he was .

You can keep your footage of the likes of Sadiq khan and kier starmer . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2