An open fire.

14 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

That’s it. Similarly furs, skins, antlers, euro mounts etc done with a modern aesthetic can be incorporated. Goes well with weathered timber, stone, iron etc. Usually a lot of white or pastels like in those pics for a real clean modern look.

Ive seen mounted heads look good but the euro mount looks better imo. I think it’s be quite easy to make some taxidermy song birds fit in well though.

Feck me I’d have that place ruined in a week, wouldn’t be able to touch feck all or walk anywhere without leaving a mess, that’s not a home it’s a shrine to look at me ✌️

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love an open fire. They always make me chilled. My first memory of one is when I was a kid before I went to school. My mam was breastfeeding my kid sister and I was staring out of the window watching

My missus. Minus 23, north of the Arctic circle; Thats when you really appreciate a good fire !

My problem in life is if I earn 500 a day I would only work one day a week, I,m a man of low ambition unfortunately, a day in the woods can save me a couple of hundred quid cutting logs but also saves

Posted Images

I’ve rebuilt engines axles and wheel hubs at my dining table just couldn’t see that place taking to much of me, to many it’s a dream home but I like practicality in everything I do, if I had ceilings that high I’d get another floor in and rent it to midgets, everything in my life is based on time and money and something like that costs to much of both and returns very little ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I’ve rebuilt engines axles and wheel hubs at my dining table just couldn’t see that place taking to much of me, to many it’s a dream home but I like practicality in everything I do, if I had ceilings that high I’d get another floor in and rent it to midgets, everything in my life is based on time and money and something like that costs to much of both and returns very little ?

Id like to spend a hour in those rooms looking around and seing how comfy the seats are but the moment someone told to watch out leaving any mud behind it would be me gone

• Like 1
On 08/11/2020 at 14:29, gnasher16 said:

As Down south says a home is either modern or its not....when walking through your own house feels like walking through different time zones im with the ol woman all day long.....and after all women do this sort of shit much better than men.... i mean if i had my way id have claret and blue walls throughout but i just leave it to her....my motto is anythings better than battleship  grey ?

Never took you for a Burnley fan Gnash ???

• Haha 1

Nothing like a snug turf fire I also burn wood and coal but something about a turf ? oh yes and of course a few glasses a irish whiskey ? no more would a man desire . That's when I'm in my element anyway?

IMG_20201109_173341.jpg

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, baker boy said:

I wouldnt want my grandkids left alone in there for 10 mins with a colouring book and pens

You are forgetting the wet dog smears on the paintwork. Could call the smears modern art maybe.

• Haha 1

Just back been and opened up the boat and moved some clobber and personal effects on board also got the fire going with two eco fans on, lovely jjubbly and when I went in to put a few bits in the engine room I only found a folding Brompton pushbike in a bag all folded away in the corner double sweet ??

C64B38A5-9E22-4B17-8106-03BA4A7293CB.jpeg

A2F49269-9D25-4ED9-B038-919BF6105CF1.jpeg

E2AD7002-502E-456D-BE75-267B308468C6.jpeg

• Like 9