Collie lurcher

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good working greyhound x whippet with a bit of height 

this type of mutt are getting more popular for good reason. mooch about they will mark holes, Bush, rabbits etc. take the odd ones in cover. pick up the odd pheasant, partridge, duck. tree squirrels f

Yes mate. Absolutely broke my heart. Went a bit mental after for a couple of months. Try not to think / talk about it too much as she was my best mate. 

Posted Images

The dam to my older dog was full saluki to a 1/2 collie grey. She was a good rabbiting dog and looked a bit like a leggy collie. The lad put a well bred working grew over her. Brought the size up a bit and produced a tidy litter. As said, depends what you want them for. 

3DE178E1-2C9A-480C-9144-E7734E03EE21.jpeg

• Like 7

If I was expecting the offspring to be day an night  I’d go greyhound or saluki greyhound longdog if your anal about gotta be out of working sight hound blood but as your at the beginning it makes no difference if you gunner stand over a Warren it makes no difference what sight hound you put it but I’ve always said why restrict ones self gotta be ready for any party if breeding 

• Like 1

well if thats the dam,  put nice whippet x grey with drop of bull in it , the drop of bull give bit better bone and calm the fookn collie temp down a bit, haveing had few collie xs over the years and still got old bryn 1x collie x grey who 13, i deff know all about this type x. they make great rabbit dogs day and night , good feet/ coat, good wind agile, to much brain at times, if you want to step up the game, they  far better xs out there to use .!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

If you were going to breed a collie lurcher out of a leggy collie bitch, what would you use over it ?

Greyhound ?

Whippet? 

Lurcher? If so what type ? 

Keep it simple mate. Greyhound.

Or whippet.....................

Or whippet/greyhound.

??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1