Coursing Stud Dogs

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They all tend to look similar, this is my dog here. 

If you want a pup for your own pleasure, enjoyment and sport; there's plenty of decent stud dogs out there. If you want a big money match winner, bragging rights and future stud fees , forget it.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Doesn’t matter if you have a pure grey faster than any hare still be no good lol

good Strong hare in winter isn’t folding because of speed takes a lot more than that to kill a strong hare 

If you have cover you need a a dog with pace brain and a knack for cover them dogs don’t come about to often atb 

Brains the most important thing for a coursing dog tbh a clever dog will kill hares most will miss, need be fast for me though nothing worse than a plodder turning a 2 minute hare in to a 5 minute war ?

• Like 2

I no what you mean mate them that sit in a work a hare but not keep trying it wait for right time I can watch bear with it as long as it’s killing plenty 

you like them that use there gears always trying but use there head and work it at right time if need be we all like that type mate but you get them like that and also there special in cover doesn’t matter if it makes cover or a wood 10 times it’s getting pushed back out you get one like that your away 

winter though even the very best will get pulled about for first minute on them real strong uns 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Cheers few years in him yet then, just noting names and thinking ahead for one of my bitches.

You ever up country  fancy a walk on the hares anytime Sandy gis  a shout mate I would like to see a galgos run 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You ever up country  fancy a walk on the hares anytime Sandy gis  a shout mate I would like to see a galgos run 

If you have something to run em at I'll come up when on one of my trips to the north once all the current covid shite is sorted.?

Edited by sandymere
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Doesn’t matter if you have a pure grey faster than any hare still be no good lol

good Strong hare in winter isn’t folding because of speed takes a lot more than that to kill a strong hare 

If you have cover you need a a dog with pace brain and a knack for cover them dogs don’t come about to often atb 

Spot on, a goalkeeper that’s  good at boxing is required in most instances.

Timing beats speed and precision beats power

good thread so far 

Just now, Westyorkshire_lad said:

I saw that too thought it was strange or a fake add? 

No that was genuine mate, well the dog was owned by a peddler to begin with, he was always trying to push it for stud & think when he realised he wasn’t going to get much business he sold the dog and it went on the merry go round.

• Like 1

That’s right nobody saw it run mind you, they were just going off the word of the owner who wanted stud fees for it. Funny thing with dog world when people hear something they just repeat it like sheep so fake info can travel fast. But 100% right how good can a dog be if it end up on pets4homes

59 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

That’s right nobody saw it run mind you, they were just going off the word of the owner who wanted stud fees for it. Funny thing with dog world when people hear something they just repeat it like sheep so fake info can travel fast. But 100% right how good can a dog be if it end up on pets4homes

Its a sad state of affairs 

• Like 1
On 05/11/2020 at 21:05, Lewiss said:

Who’s the best Coursing line stud dog atm lads ??

It all depends on what you want to put into a line really . 

The word coursing dog covers a wide amount of running styles imho 

a steady cruiser ( I hate the word plodder ) might suit some where some may need a desperate killer . 

• Like 2

To many lying b*****ds bump they dogs up just because of how they bred never seen a hard winter dogs retired at 2 years old and offered for stud goes to a decent bitch produces something decent and everyone on band wagon (bitch never gets credit) easy for young men or men who don't know much about the game to get dragged in the hype iv been there my self . Finding a honest man and dog like hens teeth 

• Like 1