Mink & covid

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its funny how all the stories are different. My Mrs friend is a cancer nurse at the local hospital, she said there is 43 cases of covid where bed space/oxygen etc is required. That is more than a

We can all go round in circles for ever with this one...and none of us will agree on every point, that's the same as anything, we all have different view points plus things out of our control all affe

A liberty is the freedom to move around unmolested that we are all loosing mate keep up ?

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Then we will hopefully have empty stadiums.

They will prob do the same re holidays .

Its modern day slavery if it comes to that .

Royal Albert Hall been full for their shows but football stadiums ain't allowed ?

Critics coming out and saying hospital admissions are normal and hospitals are no busier than normal .

A lady in Cornwall saying she had nothing to do at all for 3 weeks due to services cut and no one getting referred ect.

Its a run ion the NHS as well as many other things

Wakey Wakey  Ostrich Academy Education .

Its funny how all the stories are different.

My Mrs friend is a cancer nurse at the local hospital, she said there is 43 cases of covid where bed space/oxygen etc is required. That is more than any time in our hospital since this began.

Still can't get my head around how the Internet experts are so convinced this isn't serious as like everyone else, including the real experts no one knows what the f**k happens with this disease...its less than a year old (taking all conspiracy theories out of the equation).

But the truth is people are in hospital and are being treated for covid, regardless of other ailments/age etc it will put additional strain on the NHS and some people will not receive the treatment they should because of it..

The economy, money and everything else is now a complete cluster f**k.... I agree completely that the planning needs to be far better on this as we may lose entire industries if we aren't very careful...

• Like 7

I don’t see how you plan for this ?

You can’t see the consequences so of course data is coming in about missed hospital appointments and lack of treatment for other conditions.....nobody knew all that was going to happen, we are only finding out now.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Its funny how all the stories are different.

My Mrs friend is a cancer nurse at the local hospital, she said there is 43 cases of covid where bed space/oxygen etc is required. That is more than any time in our hospital since this began.

Still can't get my head around how the Internet experts are so convinced this isn't serious as like everyone else, including the real experts no one knows what the f**k happens with this disease...its less than a year old (taking all conspiracy theories out of the equation).

But the truth is people are in hospital and are being treated for covid, regardless of other ailments/age etc it will put additional strain on the NHS and some people will not receive the treatment they should because of it..

The economy, money and everything else is now a complete cluster f**k.... I agree completely that the planning needs to be far better on this as we may lose entire industries if we aren't very careful...

It all goes back to narratives; the real story doesn't match the one people want

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

They have all ready f****d it all NK

There's no going back ' it cannot be reversed .

Those at the top have become very very wealthy out of this.

Average Joe will do the suffering and pay for it for God knows how many years .

Not just in monetary terms but in health ' wellbeing ' quality of life and less freedoms .

Wev been f****d sideways .

A Divided Nation and People are

Easily  Controled ?

I don’t want to get into a silly argument with you but that has absolutely been the case for years......like, 40 years or maybe more 

8 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Never in our recent history has there been a scenario to grab power money and control so quickly and as blatant as what's happening now imo 

Thats all

We all entitled to one.

12 Billion for track and trace which ain't even working and only 4 billion can be accounted for and you whinge about second homes ect 

That's just one example of this nonsense.

Not to mention the evil behind it 

Even at a basic level like that old 97 year old 

What's up ' they fear loosing the £1200 per week out the old dears savings ect ?

I’m sorry but I have to disagree, you just haven’t been paying attention because it didn’t effect you.

And I’m not being funny trying to start a row with that response, it’s just the truth.

As I have said many, many times.....everything matters, everything is connected.

Most people didn’t give a shit before as much, much worse stuff has been happening but they give a shit about this......excuse me if I can’t take them people seriously.

• Like 1

We can all go round in circles for ever with this one...and none of us will agree on every point, that's the same as anything, we all have different view points plus things out of our control all affect us differently.. 

I certainly don't want another big lock down, I've worked through all of it anyway with only 4 days off since February so no big change in that respect.

I got 2 mates in the pub trade, god knows what will happen for them??

To try and weigh off people's health vs economy is a minefield as the factors are too many.

If everyone could just be sensible for a few months and the infection rate came down then we might see some normality..but they aren't.. 

My daughter finished work in town on Wednesday and said she had never seen it so busy, everyone out for the last night if freedom...about sums it up really.

• Like 5
48 minutes ago, TOMO said:

bloody hell......anybody know what the outcome of that incident was ??

The mother was returned to the home against the family wishes and the daughter arrested, I don’t think this one has quite run its course yet personally, the police take a pledge to honour and protect, did not see much of either going on here and as we move forwards it will become worse ?

• Sad 1
Just now, Greyman said:

The mother was returned to the home against the family wishes and the daughter arrested, I don’t think this one has quite run its course yet personally, the police take a pledge to honour and protect, did not see much of either going on here and as we move forwards it will become worse ?

that's a very sad state of afare's ......

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Taking a vaccine now equates to losing your liberties? 

Firstly I'm not one of those anti vaccine people I just said I've worked in places where there are much worse diseases and didn't bother getting vaccinated. We all take risks in life and normally don't think about it including during winter where any of us can catch influenza and the other types of flu.

They told us they wanted to shut down for 2 weeks to stop the spread, I don't believe that worked but regardless here we are 7 months later with the economy in tatters and millions of people on the verge of losing their jobs and having been under restrictions for most of those 7 months. It's been particularly bad here in Wales.

They told us this would have a case fatality rate of 3.5 and would kill 500,000 people all based off models made by Niel Ferguson which has been widely criticized and discredited. That didn't happen, the NHS was never overwhelmed and in fact ICU was down 20% during the first peak. They told us that covid was indiscriminate and killed the young and old alike and that is completely untrue. The government and their 'advisors' have lied and terrified the entire population over something that is clearly real but is nowhere near as bad as they claimed.

I am totally against the lockdown, I think vulnerable people have the choice to isolate if they chose and the rest of us can help them like we did in the first lockdown where people like my wife did shopping for all our neighbors putting herself and us at 'risk'. Young people and the vast majority of people under 70 are also not at much risk unless they have serious co-morbidities but we have to be allowed to chose and the young must be allowed to continue with their life.

Also when people talk about health versus the economy it's as if they are just talking about money. The economy is millions and millions of people who are working and spending money. If you take their jobs away you will see (and we are on the brink of it) somewhere between 3-5 million people out of work and that will lead to homelessness, poverty, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, child abuse and so on and so on because things like that always rise in a recession.

I guess people are still very divided on this and didn't really expect that so I'll wind my neck in lol.

I do 100% support washing hands, that is by far the best advice they came out with and I hope everyone is still doing it as we go into winter and also I think wiping your door handles is a good idea and we've always done that in the winter months because you are also more likely to get stomach bugs etc at this time of the year due to people having their heating on and the humidity in the house. Masks...never worn one and wont they are filthy and wont do much good unless you use them inline with the way medical professionals use them which is wash hands, wear mask for task and then throw the mask in the bin and always use a new one. I highly doubt many people are doing that and what I've seen is people pull out masks from their pocket or it's been left in the car and re-used for days or weeks without washing.

I think we can get through this with out doing so much damage to people's lives.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Nik_B said:

Firstly I'm not one of those anti vaccine people I just said I've worked in places where there are much worse diseases and didn't bother getting vaccinated. We all take risks in life and normally don't think about it including during winter where any of us can catch influenza and the other types of flu.

They told us they wanted to shut down for 2 weeks to stop the spread, I don't believe that worked but regardless here we are 7 months later with the economy in tatters and millions of people on the verge of losing their jobs and having been under restrictions for most of those 7 months. It's been particularly bad here in Wales.

They told us this would have a case fatality rate of 3.5 and would kill 500,000 people all based off models made by Niel Ferguson which has been widely criticized and discredited. That didn't happen, the NHS was never overwhelmed and in fact ICU was down 20% during the first peak. They told us that covid was indiscriminate and killed the young and old alike and that is completely untrue. The government and their 'advisors' have lied and terrified the entire population over something that is clearly real but is nowhere near as bad as they claimed.

I am totally against the lockdown, I think vulnerable people have the choice to isolate if they chose and the rest of us can help them like we did in the first lockdown where people like my wife did shopping for all our neighbors putting herself and us at 'risk'. Young people and the vast majority of people under 70 are also not at much risk unless they have serious co-morbidities but we have to be allowed to chose and the young must be allowed to continue with their life.

Also when people talk about health versus the economy it's as if they are just talking about money. The economy is millions and millions of people who are working and spending money. If you take their jobs away you will see (and we are on the brink of it) somewhere between 3-5 million people out of work and that will lead to homelessness, poverty, suicide, drug abuse, alcoholism, child abuse and so on and so on because things like that always rise in a recession.

I guess people are still very divided on this and didn't really expect that so I'll wind my neck in lol.

I do 100% support washing hands, that is by far the best advice they came out with and I hope everyone is still doing it as we go into winter and also I think wiping your door handles is a good idea and we've always done that in the winter months because you are also more likely to get stomach bugs etc at this time of the year due to people having their heating on and the humidity in the house. Masks...never worn one and wont they are filthy and wont do much good unless you use them inline with the way medical professionals use them which is wash hands, wear mask for task and then throw the mask in the bin and always use a new one. I highly doubt many people are doing that and what I've seen is people pull out masks from their pocket or it's been left in the car and re-used for days or weeks without washing.

I think we can get through this with out doing so much damage to people's lives.

I'm specifically talking about vaccines here. 

The point is Covid-19 isn’t all too deadly in the grand scheme of things but it is highly contagious, even more so than viruses like the Flu. 

It's not just a case of how many it will directly kill, more so the fact that it will overrun the NHS if it gets out of control. 

Edited by Greb147