Chicken Feed !

4 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The new coatings on the steel sheets have a 25 year guarantee mate, loads better than the old shirt that you see peeling off.. 

Now who’s got their sales hat on ! Lol ? 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you was my manager you would be lying unconscious with a broken jaw in a puddle of your own piss ,you absolute bell end 

i must admit ..its a pet hate of mine..."job superiority"....i hate people that look down on others just cos they do ..what they deem to be a shit job...or not inteligent enough to do somthing better.

It's funny cos your a c**t .

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sid g said:

painted loads in my time mate you can tell i`ve lost touch :D

Seen some horrendous paint jobs over the years on cladding mate...

Once that plastisol coating starts peeling strip off and re clad imo.

Been on roofs where the exposed tin is rusted out, its only 0.7mm thick metal and they are trying to clean up and paint it..

• Like 1

Here's one for you Wilf, was back on the tools last week...Black cladding on a small store for a Triumph dealership...

Was nice to fix some cladding again, gave the brain a rest!! Lol

20201105_153857.jpg

20201105_154052.jpg

20201105_153951.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

If he's wort a few mill clear it doesn't matter what he earns a year mate...he's done the graft and the mortgage is cleared with money to enjoy... I'm sure he's taken a few chances and been clever with what he's earned...its not just about the yearly salary....

Not everyone wants the aggro of working for themselves mate, he might earn £10k one week and nothing for the next month... that's the truth of it... I think you have to have a few income streams now, most blokes I know who have done well on the buildings have rentals, a bit of plant hire, outside investments etc... they haven't just earnt.a decent wage they've reinvested... some like a gamble some don't, there's no right or wrong mate.

Yep he's done well for himself, I think he set himself up with the money he got from his redundancy when the pits closed. 

My brother was working for him when price work wasn't at it's best. 

Just now, sid g said:

used to do a fair bit on the cocrete plants and it was through by the time you`d jet washed it Cemex Aggregates, Leamouth Wharf © Peter Facey :: Geograph Britain and  Ireland

We were on a job last year, they wanted us to change the rooflights and got a firm in to paint the endlaps...we told them the sheets were rotten (holes the size of you fist in places) and it would keep.leaking... 12 months later at least £40k lighter and it still leaks... we advised an overclad at the start, was about £55k i think.... now they are looking at doing it....its mental mate.

Just now, Greb147 said:

Yep he's done well for himself, I think he set himself up with the money he got from his redundancy when the pits closed. 

My brother was working for him when price work wasn't at it's best. 

I love stuff like that mate, fair play to him...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Ain't that the truth ...

I started with my dad at around 15 helping on roofs etc...he said there is always something to do, always look for a job...so sweeping, tidying etc was a constant thing... 

I suppose it stays with you cause anyone who has worked with me has been told the same...

My youngest comes to work every day he's 13 he does the cleaning and labourers jobs when he's learned them and to do it proper I will move him up to laying flags and blocks and erecting fences but like I said to him if you start at the bottom you will know every job inside out that can only stand you in good stead I take him on estimates so he's learning that but like he knows there's no point in him learning the good side of the job if he doesn't know how the basics are done plus it doesn't always sit right with lads if the bosses son walks straight in to a cushy number he needs to know it's a team effort regardless of skill 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Free advice  wanted Newkid. My roof has a lot of moss. The roof is about twenty years old. I keep reading conflicting advice about whether it should be removed pronto or leave it...its harmless. Impartial advice appreciated

D

We do a couple a week jukel123.

if you want to check out Facebook or website give me a pm

you want to scrape it first leaf blow any excess of clear gutters then apply a biocide treatment hand pump sprayer would do but you have to saturate it 

kills any remaining moss algae and lichens within 20 mins of contact look a brand new roof in 12 months and 3 years before moss can begin to regrow

Any advice give me a pm you want to be buying algo clear pro biocide .... any issues with not having a trade account let me know and I’ll give you my log in details and you can order it through our name 

C89B6549-8EC6-4DFF-96AD-C91CE8F91D7B.jpeg

954F77E1-C7AE-4866-9B45-AD387F49F387.jpeg

• Like 5
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Here's one for you Wilf, was back on the tools last week...Black cladding on a small store for a Triumph dealership...

Was nice to fix some cladding again, gave the brain a rest!! Lol

20201105_153857.jpg

20201105_154052.jpg

20201105_153951.jpg

That looks tidy mate, if I ever did it I’d do corrugated rather than a box profile as that would fit in better with the farm buildings already here.

I don’t really know what I’m looking at but it looks very nice neat work round all the ends and corners pal, nice job ? 

• Like 2

Changing the subject a bit, I've been taking a 5 mile bus ride every week for 20 years to buy my Saturday pie from M&S. Fckin last time. Think they must of changed the recipe, fckin thing was 90% fat

Tastes like something from happy shopper, dirty b*****ds 

best-seller-meat-pie-variety-5-large-pack.71645f61cb1c1a7f6b08011bea95d3c7.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Haha 8
23 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Changing the subject a bit, I've been taking a 5 mile bus ride every week for 20 years to buy my Saturday pie from M&S. Fckin last time. Think they must of changed the recipe, fckin thing was 90% fat

Tastes like something from happy shopper, dirty b*****ds 

best-seller-meat-pie-variety-5-large-pack.71645f61cb1c1a7f6b08011bea95d3c7.jpg

Blame King pal. 

6 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Free advice  wanted Newkid. My roof has a lot of moss. The roof is about twenty years old. I keep reading conflicting advice about whether it should be removed pronto or leave it...its harmless. Impartial advice appreciated

D

Ive always been told if u get it removed it pulls the little granules with it which makes it easier for moss to regrow and in time can create possibilites for water to sit /freeze/crack your tiles . Much like pressire washing a tarmac drive pulling bits up with it . Ive seen companies offer a clean and some sort of coating over the tiles to protect it and seen one company from a distance pressire washing the tiles ready for the coat . My worry would be the longevity of the coating.  If its being blasted off and creating a rougher tile surface creating little pockets and the coating dont last long then moss might come back worse than before . It did look ace tho after it was cleaned.  The house adjoining didnt have it done and their roof looked the pits compared to it 

• Like 1
On 07/11/2020 at 11:30, WILF said:

This going to sound totally mental but if I ever got a new bloke and we were clearing a place I’d get them to sweep the floor !......you can learn bundles about people from just getting them to sweep the floor imho

The quality of that simple, boring, stupid task will tell you very quickly all you need to know about someone.

Sounds rediculous really but it’s true 

Ive heard that sweeping up analogy used a lot of times and i totally disagree with it,some people are simply not cut out for the certain values you or i might hold dear but it doesnt mean they dont have value.....who am i to say whats important,as an example do you ignore natural talent if a person isnt a grafter ?....they can bring something few others can.

Ive not looked through the whole topic and im not comfortable talking about finances and such things but i do think theres a lack of people willing to speculate to accumulate these days....not willing to invest in people with attributes very different to our own,they take on too much alone and ultimately fail.

Edited by gnasher16