Reworking my first .22lr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dug my old .22lr single shot out and decided I'd give it a new life as a target /pest rifle.  Doing a little video series on my progress    

I'm all for mid bore rifles and revolver calibers. They make excellent small game getters.

KimE here a can of what i like using Has worded on all my guns I've painted to far not sure if you can get it out there though

Posted Images

”Lost of guys are saving a ton and even casting for it. 

Yes i was looking at a video shooting a load called 300blk ”Bunny farts” makes me want a lead pot.

With bought plated lead bullets I am looking at a cost for reloads of 0.18 £/ round. Regular 22wmr rimfire rounds cost 0.4 £.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, KimE said:

”Lost of guys are saving a ton and even casting for it. 

Yes i was looking at a video shooting a load called 300blk ”Bunny farts” makes me want a lead pot.

With bought plated lead bullets I am looking at a cost for reloads of 0.18 £/ round. Regular 22wmr rimfire rounds cost 0.4 £.

O you talking about full lead tacos videos ! Yeah he does some cool stuff. Actually got my casting stuff just waiting to actually start lol. Is scrap lead easy to come by in your neck if the woods ?

4 hours ago, KimE said:

300blk are used by special forces in the Netherlands and UK.

The Bergara are sold as CVA hunter in US.

what kind of paint did you use on your rifle?

Hmmm makes sense when you bring SF into it. Actually I think that some of our their one assets still us it in the honey badger rig  it not sure ?

O and as far as paint it was just some flat rustoluem brand. Krylon works too but always seems a bit to shiny imo

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Actually. The .300 black isn't a milspc round. It's the some if the .300 whisper  which was a experimental round for SOCOM but it's gain the bulk of its popularity in the shooting and hinting community.  For under 150 yd work this one if the most loved rounds currently espically for reloaders since you can make your own brass from .223/5.56 which is basically worthless to many . It's become of of THE rounds for hogs espically suppressed and with NV / thermal. Youth hunters also love it.  Know a few guys who've built their daughters AR pistols in.300blk and they taken lots of deer and hogs.

Also loved because almost everyone you can stuff in a .308 or 30-06 you can shove in a .300blk. Lost of guys are saving a ton and even casting for it. Honestly I prefer the 7.62x39 but i want a .300blk now simply because it's easier to get/make brass . Not to mention on a AR all you need to do is swap the barrel.  Uses the same bolt carrier group  and everything elese as a sta dared. 223/5.56. Actually really really soured it hasn't taken off better over there

"Robert Silvers, director of research and development for AAC said, "We started development in 2009, but most of the work was done in 2010. A military customer wanted a way to be able to shoot .30-cal. bullets from an M4 platform while using normal bolts and magazines, and without losing the full 30-round capacity of standard magazines. They also wanted a source for ammunition made to their specs. We could not have just used .300-.221 or .300 Whisper because Remington is a SAAMI company, and will only load ammunition that is a SAAMI-standard cartridge. We had to take the .300-221 wildcat concept, determine the final specs for it, and submit it to SAAMI. We did that, and called it the .300 AAC Blackout (.300 BLK)"

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2012/11/5/shades-of-gray-300-whisper-300-aac-blackout/

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Alsone said:

"Robert Silvers, director of research and development for AAC said, "We started development in 2009, but most of the work was done in 2010. A military customer wanted a way to be able to shoot .30-cal. bullets from an M4 platform while using normal bolts and magazines, and without losing the full 30-round capacity of standard magazines. They also wanted a source for ammunition made to their specs. We could not have just used .300-.221 or .300 Whisper because Remington is a SAAMI company, and will only load ammunition that is a SAAMI-standard cartridge. We had to take the .300-221 wildcat concept, determine the final specs for it, and submit it to SAAMI. We did that, and called it the .300 AAC Blackout (.300 BLK)"

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2012/11/5/shades-of-gray-300-whisper-300-aac-blackout/

Again I was saying its not currently a MIL spec cartridge out side if SOCOM and similar. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Bore sight it with the rings one way then turn the rings around and see if it changes things. Had to do that a few times!

Is the base symmetrical? If so try turning it around.

Failing that is the forehand and forehand iron putting a side loading on the barrel?