Well bred bull cross pup

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im a believer if a dog has a couple of good seasons behind it and a lad wants to do a mating he should go for it, I've heard about all this needing to have 5 or 6 seasons done before they should be br

Yeah mate this bitch I got in now Wheaton bull grey x deer grey doing everything I want her to do and she's a good size at 27tts which I think 26 - 27tts perfect size 

I've never had a dog jack after it's second season be it lurcher or terrier, I know it happens but there's usually a bit more to it than just spewing, I'm in no way condoning breeding from young or un

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

The sire is my own dog and the dam is a very well bred 3/8 bitch, both are just foxing lurchers that have done very little of anything else. Catching and killing foxes is what they're good at so hopefully the pups will do the same. 

He looks well mate atb longers01 

5 minutes ago, longers01 said:

So he’s got a few seasons under his belt like mate atb longers01 

Im a believer if a dog has a couple of good seasons behind it and a lad wants to do a mating he should go for it, I've heard about all this needing to have 5 or 6 seasons done before they should be bred from and in my opinion that's bollox, a dog can jack at any time but 99% of the times it will be early on and if you don't know what you have within a couple of seasons your just not looking hard enough. 

• Like 9

I've got an old dog here out of some proper bull bred to saluki grey to a saluki bull grey bitch he's a big dog and did everything asked if him. I'm going to be taking some straws off him. Trev70 had the grandmother and bred the father to the dog I have here hed of been pushing daisies long ago if weren't up to the job but he's retiring and seeing his days out now all his litter were spot on. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Im a believer if a dog has a couple of good seasons behind it and a lad wants to do a mating he should go for it, I've heard about all this needing to have 5 or 6 seasons done before they should be bred from and in my opinion that's bollox, a dog can jack at any time but 99% of the times it will be early on and if you don't know what you have within a couple of seasons your just not looking hard enough. 

Also depends how much you do. Might have five seasons and five foxes a season, or two seasons and 40 a season. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Me and a couple lads I run with always thought like this thinking dogs need 6 or 7 seasons under them to breed from and in thinking like this missed the chance of breeding from a couple very good animals that have died into the feild because we thought we do another season before we breed etc now we lost waht we had and in last 3 or 4 years lost some very good dogs between us and basicly all had to source pups or young adult lurchers what have yet to be entered before buying or getting gifted. 

19 minutes ago, jcm said:

Me and a couple lads I run with always thought like this thinking dogs need 6 or 7 seasons under them to breed from and in thinking like this missed the chance of breeding from a couple very good animals that have died into the feild because we thought we do another season before we breed etc now we lost waht we had and in last 3 or 4 years lost some very good dogs between us and basicly all had to source pups or young adult lurchers what have yet to be entered before buying or getting gifted. 

I've never had a dog jack after it's second season be it lurcher or terrier, I know it happens but there's usually a bit more to it than just spewing, I'm in no way condoning breeding from young or untried dogs but after a couple of seasons of graft and as long as everyone is upfront and honest about the situation I've never seen the problem with it. 

Like you say some don't make old bones and it's usually the gooduns. So if you think you've something special in your kennels get it bred and fcuk what others have to say. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bred this bitch she's 6th generation half x to her grandfather  my 12 year old 4th generation half x dog, had to get vets to test bitches day to be bred then test dogs seman as he was 12 then do artificial cost me 350 euro then I bought a small shed built whelping box then she needed a C section cost 600 turned my back for 2 minutes and she eat the pups when I went in there was only one left so had to bottle feed he's just over 2 weeks now but thriving but all in all pup cost me 1350 euro and no sleep from bottle feeding every 2 hours

Snapchat-1936358605.jpg

Edited by fenman1#
  • Like 5
36 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Bred this bitch she's 6th generation half x to her grandfather  my 12 year old 4th generation half x dog, had to get vets to test bitches day to be bred then test dogs seman as he was 12 then do artificial cost me 350 euro then I bought a small shed built whelping box then she needed a C section cost 600 turned my back for 2 minutes and she eat the pups when I went in there was only one left so had to bottle feed he's just over 2 weeks now but thriving but all in all pup cost me 1350 euro and no sleep from bottle feeding every 2 hours

Snapchat-1936358605.jpg

Screenshot_20201129_214342_com.snapchat.android.jpg

Should I be worried that I'm on the prey list ?

2 hours ago, jcm said:

I was in the same situation, had a half x he some dog, took everything. 

Was planning on studding him to get a pup for myself, then was out lamping one night he callopsed then died by the time we got home. I was gutted. 

Sourced a pup from supposedly good stock and the thing jacked after its 5th Charlie. 

Luckily got a collie bull grey doing everything I want, I will be taking a pup from her at the end of the season. She is 6 year old now so seen everything I have needed to see. 

• Like 1