Springer spaniel lines

On 13/11/2020 at 17:18, jessdale said:

I must have heard every story, regarding gundogs and terriers , there is over the years. I like the one, well several different versions, about old jack and his spaniel. Old jack was anywhere between 70 and 209, no one knew. He always kept a line of huge,strong, liver un registered springers. One day on the shoot it was -25 degrees and snow forecast. All the dogs were crawling on their belly’s on the last drive but “shepp” was still fresh as a daisy. None of the ftch spaniels, there were 12 out that day, would face the last 60 acres of bramble so in went shepp and after 30 minutes he had flushed over 300 birds that made the drive !!!!! Word came over the radio that the pickers up, 20 ftch’s plus 6 championship winners, had a white pheasant down over the river and no one could get their Labradors over it. Old jack went over and sent shepp on his way. As darkness grew , and the snow settled, everyone moved to the pub in the village fearing the worst for shepp because, by now, the river was higher than it had ever been. The mood was somber whilst they ate their stew and drank their beer until one of the guns heard scratching at the pub door !!!! As he opened the door in bounded shepp , covered in ice and snow,with a white pheasant in his mouth !!!! Lord montague was so impressed he named his son after the dog. Old jack just smiled 

Love it lol 

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I must have heard every story, regarding gundogs and terriers , there is over the years. I like the one, well several different versions, about old jack and his spaniel. Old jack was anywhere between

The thing is Wilf there aren’t that many GOOD ones around !! 95% of dogs on 95% of shoots are so poorly trained as to be of limited use to anyone 

these 4 do that and 3 or 4 days shooting 

Posted Images