russell bitch

2 hours ago, fireman said:

The bitch herself controls the size of the pups and once born it's then the pups grow bigger...

In the days when people used to let their pet dogs roam the streets seen a few examples of pups from terrier sized bitches end up like labradors or black GSDs.

• Like 4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way i see it if you buy a dog it's yours to do with what you want,if your gifted a dog then you do what is asked of you breeding wise. .Respect and manners to dogs and people involved really.... 

Few more pics of her

Am I allowed to state the obvious,its not a russel?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Who really gives a f**k if the lad calls it a Russel. You lot would argue about anything, you seriously need to get a hobby / life / out more. 

Not every white bodied working terrier is a Russell but, call me old fashioned,  I could never regard a working terrier that is not white as a Russell. 

• Like 3
Just now, eastcoast said:

Not every white bodied working terrier is a Russell but, call me old fashioned,  I could never regard a working terrier that is not white as a Russell. 

Mate, if the lad calling a tan dog on this thread a Russel is your biggest worry, you’re doing ok! 

4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Mate, if the lad calling a tan dog on this thread a Russel is your biggest worry, you’re doing ok! 

True, and good luck to him breeding for work not show or the pet market. A man who had great knowledge and working experience of a type of Russell that I was once lucky enough to own burst my bubble one day when he said "there's all sorts in them son".

15 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

True, and good luck to him breeding for work not show or the pet market. A man who had great knowledge and working experience of a type of Russell that I was once lucky enough to own burst my bubble one day when he said "there's all sorts in them son".

I think the term is 'russel type terrier' lol. Basically anything that isn't a pat, lakey, border etc.

20 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I think the term is 'russel type terrier' lol. Basically anything that isn't a pat, lakey, border etc.

It could be argued that the Russell type is one the oldest. One of the 1st "types" to be registered as a "breed" when the Kennel Club was formed, but then they were called Fox Terriers. If we were to be pedantic then they really should be white.

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

Its like my mate at work he has got what he bought as a springer spaniel though its jet black with a white blaze i haven't got the heart to tell him its not one.lol

If his reason for getting the dog was to campaign it at KC shows or field trial it and it is not KC registered then he has a problem. If wanted a gundog and it was bred as a gundog then it is all down to him as to how suitable his dog will be. The colour of it's coat being of no relevance. 

14 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

If his reason for getting the dog was to campaign it at KC shows or field trial it and it is not KC registered then he has a problem. If wanted a gundog and it was bred as a gundog then it is all down to him as to how suitable his dog will be. The colour of it's coat being of no relevance. 

I agree mate its only a pet and he says its the best dog he as ever had.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/11/2020 at 00:53, Aussie Whip said:

Russells don't usually have whelping problems,or not the ones I've seen.Bloke down the road has a  Russell bitch and it got out and mated with a Rotty/shepherd cross.I told him to get the pups aborted while he could but he's a fwit and let her have the litter which she spat out and raised without a problem.

My sister had a pet Russel bitch looked the part but useless used to run loose all the time my American bulldog got to it she had a litter 4 pups no problems at all

• Like 1
18 hours ago, General lee said:

My sister had a pet Russel bitch looked the part but useless used to run loose all the time my American bulldog got to it she had a litter 4 pups no problems at all

It looks like whelping problems are mainly to do with the bitch being not put together right like in pugs and the short type bulldogs. I had always thought a big stud dog caused this. Those pups would be a handfull when grown, lol.

Edited by Aussie Whip