Ferreting Dog

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It don’t have to be a half x to half cross it can be tweaked to the cross %  you think might suit your needs I’ve bred collie beddy Lurcher hybrids that’s what I keep use now they tick boxes for me an

we beddy whippet greyhound handy we ferreting dog 1/2 whippet

Taken by lifelong cumbrian

Posted Images

Don’t really like collies other than chasing livestock about, no real logic other than that and the fact I want to have a lurcher not a collie. 

Would also be haft not to worry about gunshot - many folk shoot around their lurchers? I know collies can be a bit funny about that sort of thing 

9 minutes ago, Dan Newcombe said:

Don’t really like collies other than chasing livestock about, no real logic other than that and the fact I want to have a lurcher not a collie. 

Would also be haft not to worry about gunshot - many folk shoot around their lurchers? I know collies can be a bit funny about that sort of thing 

I'm not a fan of them myself but there's not many dogs can turn their hands to as many jobs as a collie. Obedient and robust too.

No I don’t really know

I don’t want a straight collie but I’m looking for feedback on a beddy cross, collie cross or even a mixture of the two (but I’ve always wondered about the half cross to half cross having a likelihood of ending up with mostly your non running dog in a pup)

The picture you put up is just the sort of stamp I like the look of but I’m looking for advice if they would train up like I want with them being terrier / runner being less biddable. Looks aren’t everything. 

Edited by Dan Newcombe

Ideal breeding, but what the f**k is with the pricing?!? Was looking at maybe getting a patterdale at some point but they are much the same price as these things, nice Pups bit holy f**k!! ??

1DAF171F-0596-41B3-909C-1E2CBD51D062.png

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd get a lurcher from dogs used for rabbits/ferreting for many generations,they know the job from birth almost.

My young bedy grey would run to back door and cry as a pup once it got dark ,something inside her just switch on .

• Like 1