Bedlington Northumberland

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 06:14, coco said:

There’s loads about mate look at the working bedlington forum all them boys still got them and use them it’s probably where you live people don’t work them atb

the biggest problem with working Bedlingtons is folk believing the shite written on the working Bedlington forum ,its a forum for breeders of expensive turds and ego,s,the odd decent lad is lost in the murky waters of wankers and chancers.The vast majority of bedlingtons on sites like that don,t stand up to terrier work,neither do the owners.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit lighter note I was at Bedlington High school as a lad, had and worked a Bedlington named ranger and half Greyhound/Bedlington in my lamping days.  Any way the town has few these up now i pers

If I remember correctly, North Seaton used to run one bend. I had a dog back then, Blue Prince used to love running the bends. 21", 35 pound. Cheers.  

Brook is a Bedlington she strong bitch  PUD

Posted Images

18 hours ago, morton said:

the biggest problem with working Bedlingtons is folk believing the shite written on the working Bedlington forum ,its a forum for breeders of expensive turds and ego,s,the odd decent lad is lost in the murky waters of wankers and chancers.The vast majority of bedlingtons on sites like that don,t stand up to terrier work,neither do the owners.

That’s your take on it I know people who go out every weekend and enjoy there bedlington hybrids and if people sell them so what. If people are honest what there dogs are doing I’m sure you wont get mud thrown back in your face be happy with what you got and enjoy still loads of good friends down South Wales still breed good uns enjoy

Edited by coco
  • Like 3
On 03/11/2020 at 13:49, Loton Moocher said:

All working class pastimes are declining pigeon flying on our patch used to thrive it’s down to 2 clubs now , coursing clubs have gone and as you say whippet race meets are getting fewer and if packham gets his way everything will go the way of the dodo , sad times

I don’t agree with thay about going due to people interfering 

I think a lot of past time’s are doing the way of those you said due to indifference or to the fact that some of the clubs had a snobbery at younger members Behaviour 

just mho 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I think a lot of past time’s are doing the way of those you said due to indifference or to the fact that some of the clubs had a snobbery at younger members Behaviour 

just mho 

Kids are always the future and should be encouraged and certainly you can’t discriminate against youngsters in clubs etc if there not there in the first place ,and I’ve not come across many snobs in workingmans clubs but you’re more than likely to find them in a local Tory club atb

On 18/11/2020 at 21:50, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

just mho 

I race a non ped,so go to the opens throughout the season..it is very noticeable that the vast majority are the wrong side of 40...lots are pensioners..new members of all ages are encouraged..I just think people in general have changed..owt that takes them away from x box,PC etc they're just not interested..Its a shame,but its definitely a declining sport...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, northern lad said:

I race a non ped,so go to the opens throughout the season..it is very noticeable that the vast majority are the wrong side of 40...lots are pensioners..new members of all ages are encouraged..I just think people in general have changed..owt that takes them away from x box,PC etc they're just not interested..Its a shame,but its definitely a declining sport...

We attended afew the other year but found it very clicky  , gave up in the end trying to buy a grew for scratch racing 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, steve66 said:

We attended afew the other year but found it very clicky  , gave up in the end trying to buy a grew for scratch racing 

I cant speak for everyone Steve and I'm sure some clubs are like that...which ones did you go to?key thing is to keep turning up..sometimes its frustrating helping people..seen many turn up a few times run trials,train the dogs to the traps,passing trials,time trials etc then just lose interest...the more you go the more people will help you out,whether its training or racing the dog you have or sourcing a pup.Theres not that many bred believe it or not so usually they're spoken for before birth,but occasionally there is spare pups..and not at ridiculous prices...Dave

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...