Bedlington Northumberland

Ashington and North Seaton sweeps for me when was lad first dog was whippet x greyhound for bit sweep and rabbiting etc well it didnt know had any whippet in it grew to 27 tts. Had to cram it into the traps whippets were nearly finished by time got out, but he could run once he was out. 

PUD

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit lighter note I was at Bedlington High school as a lad, had and worked a Bedlington named ranger and half Greyhound/Bedlington in my lamping days.  Any way the town has few these up now i pers

If I remember correctly, North Seaton used to run one bend. I had a dog back then, Blue Prince used to love running the bends. 21", 35 pound. Cheers.  

Brook is a Bedlington she strong bitch  PUD

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, WHWT said:

Ashington and North Seaton sweeps for me when was lad first dog was whippet x greyhound for bit sweep and rabbiting etc well it didnt know had any whippet in it grew to 27 tts. Had to cram it into the traps whippets were nearly finished by time got out, but he could run once he was out. 

PUD

Some of the tracks, like Wallsend Rising Sun, had a strict 21" limit; others like Seaton Burn had no limit. I still love to see the no limit scratch racing !

Cheers.

That's right marra as say this was early 80s 

That old chap I mentioned before Joe Charlton hollow legs he got as he could drink Broooon Ale for fun had cracking little dog called LSD

Tiny propa whippet seen him win it many a time.

PUD

Just now, WHWT said:

That's right marra as say this was early 80s 

That old chap I mentioned before Joe Charlton hollow legs he got as he could drink Broooon Ale for fun had cracking little dog called LSD

Tiny propa whippet seen him win it many a time.

PUD

It was the 60's & 70's when I had racing whippets. I remember one of the Charlton brothers had whippets, Tommy, I think it was, at that time.

Cheers.

5 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Another so called beddy expert that’s done feck all , his hybrids all border x hideous looking things ,no wonder beddys are now looked apon as joke

But he’s bred some real good earth working crosses in his time atb

46 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Strange that Sumone breeding dogs for digging would use a 19inch beddy ?

I didn’t say he worked them but I know many who’s got his terriers at the moment and all working below ground I’ve had them about 25 yrs but mine are his old original stuff spot on go on working bedlingtons on here most of mine and swanseajacks started off JW is original dog came direct off GN atb

1 hour ago, coco said:

I didn’t say he worked them but I know many who’s got his terriers at the moment and all working below ground I’ve had them about 25 yrs but mine are his old original stuff spot on go on working bedlingtons on here most of mine and swanseajacks started off JW is original dog came direct off GN atb

Fair comment as there are exceptions in all even the odd kc doing a bit , but there’s so few useing them now which is a shame coz get the right type and they stick better than any other terrier 

7 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Fair comment as there are exceptions in all even the odd kc doing a bit , but there’s so few useing them now which is a shame coz get the right type and they stick better than any other terrier 

There’s loads about mate look at the working bedlington forum all them boys still got them and use them it’s probably where you live people don’t work them atb

• Like 1
2 hours ago, coco said:

There’s loads about mate look at the working bedlington forum all them boys still got them and use them it’s probably where you live people don’t work them atb

Odd few still do but getting scarce now, might go down the white dog route like others in wales have done , but not sure they take what what a beddy will . Atb