nz rabbit hunters

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

,I have 100s of photos but time on this must be called  so lads hope you enjoyed my little tour.No matter where in the world we are to be found ,we all share the love of our dogs & sport what ever

For those of you that cant recall this is one of  two pups I bred & kept that had the condition of shakey puppy syndrome up until they were 11/12 weeks old .Carla i(greyhound x whippet )s now abou

Jett is a ruff coated working lurcher ,1/2 greyhound 1/4 wirehaired pointer ,1/4 lab .He's about a year old in that picture & now he's about 4 years old ,hes filled out nicely .He gives 120% every

Posted Images

3 days in hospital ,the dogs were not the only ones on the receiving end of a boar .Porky lay in wait after I used the knife and as I reached down he made his moved and he very nearly bit the end of my finger off ,looking down and seeing the bone sticking out and the fresh hanging buy a bit of skin ,makes one value the dog patch up kit we always carried .A quick patch up job and a few hours and pigs later as a after thought I called into a small town to see their Doctor ,who then MADE  me turn around  & travel back a hour to the hospital ,they are expecting you he said ,I went to comment & he told me to just shut up and go ha ha ha All a huge adventure ,we were not brave, we were just keen and stupid! Just great days relived in our minds now .

P1000070(1).JPG

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1

,I have 100s of photos but time on this must be called  so lads hope you enjoyed my little tour.No matter where in the world we are to be found ,we all share the love of our dogs & sport what ever that maybe .I'm proud to call myself a hunter ,good or bad

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 19

I remember one time reading the adverts in a vets window in Rotaroa and there was an advert for possum cullers.

They stayed in a bush cabin, food was provided and they were paid by the tail.

It was a job I quite fancied, I was reading a lot of Barry Crump books at the time and had been invited to meet him, it sounded somehow romantic, harking back to a more simple way of life.......

I bet in reality it would be a lot harsher ! LOL !

Cheers.

21 hours ago, TOMO said:

what happened to the other guy from N.Z.... went out there to be a rabbit catcher.....had the alsation crosses....cant remember his name on here...i remember his real name...

I call him billyboyo ,real name is billy barton & I know him well .After arriving in NZ he took a small number of jobs including staying on  a subantarctic island ,his role was hunting down any remaining rabbits on the island after several poison drops .It was interesting to Billy for the first couple of months but staying in huts ,clothes boot etc still wet from the day before got old but he hung in there for a year when the project ended ,no rabbits were found so it was boring for the two man ,two dog team.He arrived back in  nz after making good money that you cant spend down there  & took a job with DOC working a trap line 40 miles long .Docs madness took its toll and after a further year he decided to go out into business on his own  ,catching rabbits  and other pests .We speak offen ,and once or twice a year I travel up to near the lake & mountain where billy & his partner Mary live to exchange rabbit dogs /pups & ferrets .He's involved in breeding welsh Springer spaniels,white GS and working whippets which he imports from Aussie .He's indeed living the dream life ,now who else is keen to come over ? lol 

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 2

Biggest regret.... finishing with an ex girlfriend who was born over there (dad a kiwi mum a Brit) just before we were travelling there. What a mistake that was haha and not just for the hunting side of things ???‍♂️. Can’t remember for the life of me where he lived though. Damn that office skirt my wife used to wear!

Great posts toolebox really interesting ?

4 minutes ago, gaza said:

Biggest regret.... finishing with an ex girlfriend who was born over there (dad a kiwi mum a Brit) just before we were travelling there. What a mistake that was haha and not just for the hunting side of things ???‍♂️. Can’t remember for the life of me where he lived though. Damn that office skirt my wife used to wear!

Great posts toolebox really interesting ?

Any pics kiwi bird or office skirt im not fussy

• Haha 3