What happened to the boxing thread?

Anyone watch that tonight?

Usyk is a cruiser weight, below Whyte for me after that, nowhere near AJ, Wilder, Fury and for me before he get to them he needs to go through whyte, povetkin, parker etc.

To me it isn't right to come up a weight and automatically come to top of pile?????

I cant see him troubling the heavyweight division. Another Haye.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Normally i like to listen to the pundit stuff after a big fight but that last night was sickly and embarrassing Bellew just mad an idiot of himself....it was a complete masterclass by Usyk how anyone

Whatever he does he beat Chisora clearly, Tony Bellew is embarrassing. 

It would be a good fight for Chisora ,not so good for Allen ,the lad is already on his way to being punchy ,I wouldn't want to see him getting beat up just  for my entertainment .

8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Whatever he does he beat Chisora clearly, Tony Bellew is embarrassing. 

He out boxed him and won on points IMO which is what I called before the fight.

But is he guna out point AJ? I doubt it now after Ruiz. He certainly wont outpoint Fury.

6 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

But is he guna out point AJ? I doubt it now after Ruiz. He certainly wont outpoint Fury.

I thought points or late stoppage, he had Chisora ready to go in the 7th but then took his foot off the gas. 

I'm not sure if he did hurt his left hand or arm, looked like it to me. 

I don't know if he beats those lads but he's a class operator so I wouldn't write him off just yet. 

Edited by Greb147
7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I thought points or late stoppage, he had Chisora ready to go in the 7th but then took his foot off the gas. 

I'm not sure if he did hurt his left hand or arm, looked like it to me. 

I don't know if he beats those lads but he's a class operator so I wouldn't write him off just yet. 

Not writing him off as a contender mate, but all are lifting him up like he is guna walk the division.

Think it was 5th or 6th he seemed to be shaking  his left hand and backed off a bit but do that against Fury or AJ and they will press on and finish.

But what I'm saying is should he be talked about as contender and mandatory?

7 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

I don't think he will but I think he'll definitely give it a good go. He's certainly one of the best boxers in the division but he's also a cruiser weight really so not sure if he'll have the size to properly box them without putting himself at too much risk

• Like 1

Normally i like to listen to the pundit stuff after a big fight but that last night was sickly and embarrassing Bellew just mad an idiot of himself....it was a complete masterclass by Usyk how anyone even saw it as a close fight is just beyond my comprehension i had him winning by 9 rounds to 3 the only rounds Chisora won reasonably clearly was the first 2.

Like his mate Lomanchenko has,Usyk has that footwork/feints style that makes an opponent work and concentrate hard its a horrible style to face because it exhausts you mentally...full credit to Delboy he put a shift in but i thought he was very close to quitting between rounds which again,is what that style does it takes your soul and forces you to consider doing the thing that is impermissible to do....and that is so mentally draining.

• Like 5

Think David Haye summed it up well before the fight, " you don't try and box one of the best boxers on the planet, you need to have a scrap in close with him" 

Usyk is class, think he is too small for the Aj and fury  fights and shouldn't be in the same weight class, but still think he will give AJ trouble and is a danger 

14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Normally i like to listen to the pundit stuff after a big fight but that last night was sickly and embarrassing Bellew just mad an idiot of himself....it was a complete masterclass by Usyk how anyone even saw it as a close fight is just beyond my comprehension i had him winning by 9 rounds to 3 the only rounds Chisora won reasonably clearly was the first 2.

Like his mate Lomanchenko has,Usyk has that footwork/feints style that makes an opponent work and concentrate hard its a horrible style to face because it exhausts you mentally...full credit to Delboy he put a shift in but i thought he was very close to quitting between rounds which again,is what that style does it takes your soul and forces you to consider doing the thing that is impermissible to do....and that is so mentally draining.

Sky has become a laughing stock nowadays, might as well rename it Matchroom Sports. 

As for the fight, I saw it like you. 

Del was ready to go in the 7th after getting hurt, credit to him because he did find a second win but I do think Usyk hurt his arm or hand. 

Of course it wasn't a comfortable fight for him, he was getting roughed up on the inside and didn't like the body shots but he was never hurt or put in trouble. 

I have noticed that both him and Lomachenko like to complain to the ref when they are hit low and are leaving themselves open and vulnerable in displaying that, it could cause him problems if he gets tagged whilst protesting. 

I'm of the belief that if you think you've been hit low do it back twice and twice as hard, it's a tactic that worked well for the likes of a Holyfield. 

Edited by Greb147
8 minutes ago, sid g said:

do you think thats it now for chisora gnash ?  i guess might be a few fights  for him ? 

I dont think he could ever of been considered top level was he mate but he has that real durable body type that can absorb a lot and he still seems pretty together mentally so no reason he shouldnt go on doing what he,s doing he,s made nice money but no thats probably his last decent purse you would think ?

4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Sky has become a laughing stock nowadays, might as well rename it Matchroom Sports. 

As for the fight, I saw it like you. 

Del was ready to go in the 7th after getting hurt, credit to him because he did find a second win but I do think Usyk hurt his arm or hand. 

Of course it wasn't a comfortable fight for him, he was getting roughed up on the inside and didn't like the body shots but he was never hurt or put in trouble. 

I have noticed that both him and Lomachenko like to complain to the ref when they are hit low and are leaving themselves open and vulnerable in displaying that, it could cause him problems if he gets tagged whilst protesting. 

I'm of the belief that if you think you've been hit low do it back twice and twice as hard, it's a tactic that worked well for the likes of a Holyfield. 

Some will laugh but i could actually see Usyk beating Fury but getting ironed out by someone like Dubois......the trouble for Usyk is there is a life span with that sort of style and at 33 whatever he is i dont think he has many more fights left in him fighting like that.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Some will laugh but i could actually see Usyk beating Fury but getting ironed out by someone like Dubois......the trouble for Usyk is there is a life span with that sort of style and at 33 whatever he is i dont think he has many more fights left in him fighting like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to even see him beat AJ tbh. 

AJ would be the favourite no doubt but if he could avoid the initial onslaught and start to time in I think he would pick AJ apart. 

The one thing that he does lack though which could see him come unstuck is fast hands, they are not slow by any means but if he was a bit faster with that left down the pipe he would be even more dangerous. 

Like you said though he is now 33 and you can't hide from age, him and Lomachenko have arrived on the scene a tad too late for us to see their primes in front of our lives. Of course what they have achieved already is amazing but they are becoming household names over here at the wrong point in their careers. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to even see him beat AJ tbh. 

AJ would be the favourite no doubt but if he could avoid the initial onslaught and start to time in I think he would pick AJ apart. 

The one thing that he does lack though which could see him come unstuck is fast hands, they are not slow by any means but if he was a bit faster with that left down the pipe he would be even more dangerous. 

Like you said though he is now 33 and you can't hide from age, him and Lomachenko have arrived on the scene a tad too late for us to see their primes in front of our lives. Of course what they have achieved already is amazing but they are becoming household names over here at the wrong point in their careers. 

I agree about Joshua i could see Usyk beating both.....im just not sure he has the necessary strength to keep a charging bull type off....a snappy charging bull type like a Dubois or a Mike Tyson not a plodding charging bull like Chisora.

He might of been before your time but Michael Spinks was a fighter i really liked in a similar way....he chopped down the huge Gerry Cooney but got run over by the bull Tyson i could see Usyks stylistic match ups going similar.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1