Dont mess with Schoolboys

I know i bore the pants off people with arm wrestling chat but anything that gets a few more eyes on the sport....

Coming up on December 11th is the last of a great rivalry John Brzenk v Devon Larratt being billed as " One Last Time "

Without doubt the 2 greatest arm wrestlers in history and John Brzenk who in my eyes is the greatest sportsman since time began at 57 years old against Larratt at 46 years old i simply cant wait to see these two set about each other one last time,personally id love to see it but i dont think Brzenk can beat him at this stage although one thing ive learned over years following the sport is you just never write off John Brzenk.

I,ll put a link up at some point in the hope anyone is remotely interested ?

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you know someone who has more knowledge on a subject than you then ask all the questions you want.thats what I've always done.and 99% of decent people will give an honest answer..

I did for a number of years mate but eventually the level i competed at was dictated by a recurring injury,if i could of got into it at a much earlier age i think id of done well.....these days i coac

Yes mate....an elbow injury that even after numerous surgeries i just cant get past stops me competing at any kind of level but i have a number of lads i train and get a lot of enjoyment from that so

45 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I know i bore the pants off people with arm wrestling chat but anything that gets a few more eyes on the sport....

Coming up on December 11th is the last of a great rivalry John Brzenk v Devon Larratt being billed as " One Last Time "

Without doubt the 2 greatest arm wrestlers in history and John Brzenk who in my eyes is the greatest sportsman since time began at 57 years old against Larratt at 46 years old i simply cant wait to see these two set about each other one last time,personally id love to see it but i dont think Brzenk can beat him at this stage although one thing ive learned over years following the sport is you just never write off John Brzenk.

I,ll put a link up at some point in the hope anyone is remotely interested ?

I like Devon and the boy they good to watch esp when they matched 

Ill have a watch of it,I dont know loads about armwrestling but I enjoy watching it,and at least Larratt is back doing his own sport instead of some moody boxing match 

John brzenk has his own youtube channel now and his first few videos gave me a laugh,while he was working it all out 

Never watched anything to do with arm wrestling in my life (other than the pissed up bores in pubs!! lol) but as with a few things on this site when they pop up and I read a few posts, I think lets give that a look. Watched a few bits on you tube, and clips off here, can't say I'll be an avid follower but will certainly watch the odd thing as it comes along and try and get my head around it, I guess like most sports knowing the techniques and fully understanding whats going on makes for interesting viewing.

Edited by NEWKID
On 30/11/2021 at 22:48, Billy b said:

Ill have a watch of it,I dont know loads about armwrestling but I enjoy watching it,and at least Larratt is back doing his own sport instead of some moody boxing match 

John brzenk has his own youtube channel now and his first few videos gave me a laugh,while he was working it all out 

I cant imagine what thats like he's a quiet,private sort of chap....always kept his everyday job up....maybe a sign of how the sport is progressing if the best pullers can start making a living from it.

On 01/12/2021 at 09:08, NEWKID said:

Never watched anything to do with arm wrestling in my life (other than the pissed up bores in pubs!! lol) but as with a few things on this site when they pop up and I read a few posts, I think lets give that a look. Watched a few bits on you tube, and clips off here, can't say I'll be an avid follower but will certainly watch the odd thing as it comes along and try and get my head around it, I guess like most sports knowing the techniques and fully understanding whats going on makes for interesting viewing.

Its probably not the easiest sport to watch if you dont understand whats going on in the set up or the rules but once you get a grasp of the basics of whats going on its a proper chess match of mental as well as physical engagement.

For me beyond an actual fight....its the most personal,close up confrontation you can have,when i first became interested i just couldnt understand how it never broke out into a fight but thats all part of the mental battle theres just so much going on at the table and like you say when you can fully appreciate it all it becomes a really interesting little sport.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Its probably not the easiest sport to watch if you dont understand whats going on in the set up or the rules but once you get a grasp of the basics of whats going on its a proper chess match of mental as well as physical engagement.

For me beyond an actual fight....its the most personal,close up confrontation you can have,when i first became interested i just couldnt understand how it never broke out into a fight but thats all part of the mental battle theres just so much going on at the table and like you say when you can fully appreciate it all it becomes a really interesting little sport.

Do you still arm wrestle now ?

19 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Do you still arm wrestle now ?

Yes mate....an elbow injury that even after numerous surgeries i just cant get past stops me competing at any kind of level but i have a number of lads i train and get a lot of enjoyment from that so all good.

• Like 2
On 02/12/2021 at 12:22, gnasher16 said:

I cant imagine what thats like he's a quiet,private sort of chap....always kept his everyday job up....maybe a sign of how the sport is progressing if the best pullers can start making a living from it.

Hello mate,think he still has his day job to be honest as a few of his vids are him in a work setting all hi-vis'd up etc